Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.lostandfoundpetsca.com site review

Options
  • 09-09-2009 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have just put up my first proper site with dynamic content and am looking for opinions on it.

Ive done 2 other sites that was just editing templates with no dynamic content at all.

I have no commercial experience in web development and thought this would be a good project to learn the ropes.

The url is http://www.lostandfoundpetsca.com

The website design is from a template (which I have referenced as requested in the footer) as I havent got a design bone in my body.

I have created a login so anyone who is interested can post to the site but feel free to create you own login if you like.

You can upload whatever pictures you want as il be removing them shortly anyway so they dont have to be of pets etc..

username : boards
    password : boards

By the way in case your wondering why the hell Id do a lost and found pets website for California when im from Tallafornia well..

I was all set to finish and put up my site when I noticed a few months ago that another boards user has had the exact same idea. Doh

No point in putting mine up here so I just thought id put it somewhere else and California was where I decided on...

Any opinions would be appreciated..

Cheers

bigbadcon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Not mad on the shade of green - it's a little bit too bright, and not sure there's enought contrast between it and the text of the menu items

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭waynewex

I think a blue would work better instead of the green. Or at least make the green a more faded darker colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Ive changed the colour scheme now to something a bit easier on the eye.

What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Looks nice and clean. It seems it will serve its purpose well.

The table showing search results looks a bit rough though.

bigbadcon wrote: »
    Ive changed the colour scheme now to something a bit easier on the eye.

What do you think?

Much easier on the eyes now!

The my account box could do with a small bit of padding between the username and password boxes - also, on the 'forgot login' page, these two are out of alignment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

The website is not too bad. The big font's at the bottom where Lost dog....or something need to be made smaller or as an image. However, you need to validate your html and css

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Yeah the search results box does look rough alright. Im might try and spruce it up with some css... I mean I better google some css :-)

I have realigned the login textboxes on all forms but I cant figure out why the username and password boxes are so close together. I developed this using Visual studio 2005 and it looks fine there but when I deploy it it looks different.

Any ideas??

It actually looks OK in IE8 but not in Firefox (if you're using IE with VS that explains why it looks OK until you deploy it). It's probably down to the browser defaults. Although I can't see any difference between your login box and tell a friend box, but the spacing is OK in the latter

Advertisement