Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are the biggest bands in Dublin???

Options
  • 09-09-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey my band (like thousands of other bands in dublin!) wants to start supporting some big dublin bands (you don't say? lol). We play poprock with blues and funk influences. If anyone knows some big bands who play even remotely similar enough stuff could they add a comment to this thread? Please dont add your band if they're unknown you could be a great outfit but im looking for established ones... thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

Hope I don't come across as a smartarse here, but...

Go to gigs.

Build relationships with bands

Non-muso's call it networking.

People will always give gigs to people they're friendly with as opposed to strangers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MickMcMichaels

Yeah i think you're right. I play and listen to music 24 7 (like most people on this forum!) but strangely I never got into the habit of going to gigs but if thats what it takes i may have to start! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Hmm, this thread will draw a lot of self promotion. My advice would be to keep an eye on Hotpress.ie, drop-d.ie and state magazine etc to see who the biggest ones are.

Plus they are all so different. So its depends what you are in to!

edit: also myspace/facebook etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

Hey my band (like thousands of other bands in dublin!) wants to start supporting some big dublin bands (you don't say? lol). We play poprock with blues and funk influences. If anyone knows some big bands who play even remotely similar enough stuff could they add a comment to this thread? Please dont add your band if they're unknown you could be a great outfit but im looking for established ones... thanks

well whats your band called son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MickMcMichaels

'Milk' http://www.myspace.com/milkmyspacemusic. Now i look like the one self-promoting lol!

• Advertisement
Advertisement