Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice from Seasoned Musicians!

Options
  • 09-09-2009 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey my band is looking to get into some seriously regular gigging over the winter. We want to secure support slots from well-known dublin bands. Could anyone tell me how i should approach them? I find that messaging bands on myspace bluntly offering yourself as a support band does not work most of the time!! Does it all come down to numbers ie. you can get support slots if the bigger band believes you can get alot of friends and fans to go? Should i go to their gigs and approach them in person? I would really appreciate some help from musicians who have 'been there done that' and have been playing around dublin for years. thanks:)

ps: we have good quality demos and have played some decent venues
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Guitareaxe

Hi man, what type pf music is it and is it covers or originals?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think it's mainly down to who you know, be in with the crowd sort of thing!

Or you would want to be seriously good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MickMcMichaels

Sorry it is originals-poprock with blues and funk influences. Basically none of my friends (bar bandmates) are into music or play music so I literally know NO BANDS (big or small) that gig round Dublin and i am certainly not in with that scene. We have got a couple of ok gigs despite this...any more advice??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Lurcher

I used to go see decent (and awful) bands and suggest I get them gigs in places in return for a support slot. This is easier than trying to sell yourself to venues so you can go and talk to the owners with a certain confidence (and some good demos of the other band) while you are getting your act together. More than once I ended up getting a call-back headline gig that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Des Claypool

gigsmartireland.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement