Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irishopinions.com & amazon vouchers

Options
  • 09-09-2009 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi guys,

been filling in surveys for this site for a while now - long story short, i've gone a few times to claim an amazon voucher, and everytime I try I get a pop-up saying that amazon vouchers are currently unavailable, try 14-21 days later.

Any ideas what's going on? Is it something naff in that it might kickoff some other background window so I should try a different browser?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭quiche

Kind of a bump - but legitimate too - has anyone who uses this site been able to claim amazon vouchers in the last 1-2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Claimed one about two weeks ago, mother claimed one a month ago, no problems either time. Maybe contact them and see if they can do it manually or something?

I used a voucher 3 weeks ago, had no problem.

Hey - thanks for reply - just to clarify - did you claim it three weeks ago or did you use it three weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I haven't been able to claim one either:( Get the same pop up-I'm using firefox if that makes a diference. The Amazon vouchers were the only reason I signed up to them and go through all the questionaires.

• Advertisement

I just checked my amazon account there, it was the 5th August so it is 4 or 5 weeks ago.

I used the voucher straight away.

Since there is another user with the same problem, it might be on their end so you might have to contact them.

Would you mind posting back your findings, as I am not far off another voucher.

thank you.

Hi Lads,

still not working for me - as an update I sent an email over the weekend and have yet to hear anything back.

Hi Guys,

so heard back - basically exactly the same as the error message - none available at the moment, try again in 2 weeks. So guessing its not a browser/cookies issue or anything.

So i'm guessing nobody has had any luck recently getting these? I imagine it might be the case that at the start of maybe a two weekly cycle they have 'X' vouchers to give out - if you miss it then need to wait for the next cycle.

If that was the case though i'd prefer at least a waiting list so it's less of a game of chance.

I'm also completely speculating - no idea how accurate any of this is. Basically if someone has gotten one recently then it blows that whole idea out of the water.

For those curious - I attempted a claim there and success - so ended up with a nine pound voucher which I applied to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

quiche wrote: »
    For those curious - I attempted a claim there and success - so ended up with a nine pound voucher which I applied to my account.

Thanks for posting this, just tried myself now and got one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement