Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Tongue Web Piercing Question

Options
  • 09-09-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Got my tongue web piercied about four days ago and am pretty happy with it. The only thing is the left hand side of my tongue web (Right as you look at the attached picture) looks to be a bit swollen.

Now its been like that since it was done so i'm not sure if its swollen or pierced crooked, Its not causing any speech impediment or anything but it is causing slight discomfort while eating. I'm following all the proper after care instructuions given so I doubt thats the cause of it.

Anyone in the know care to advise (tried to call into piercer today about it but was closed).

Image001.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Lookw like it's just the fistula forming to keep the piercing in place. it's not the best quality pic. some studios don't open till 1pm so maybe worth shot ringing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Will wrote: »
    Lookw like it's just the fistula forming to keep the piercing in place. it's not the best quality pic. some studios don't open till 1pm so maybe worth shot ringing them again.

Thanks Will. I was trying to take it with my phone so Quality isnt the best. Ill give it another week or unless it gets very uncomfortable then since I didnt get back to the piercer today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'd bet my left nut it was pierced left to right too

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It looks similar to the way mine looked when it was pierced, and I'm pretty sure mine was crooked, although it didn't cause any problems. Give your piercer a call just to make sure all is well.

I'd bet my left nut it was pierced left to right too

No the G/F was watching it being done and says they pierced right to left.
    Toots* wrote: »
    It looks similar to the way mine looked when it was pierced, and I'm pretty sure mine was crooked, although it didn't cause any problems. Give your piercer a call just to make sure all is well.

Thats good to know at least thanks. Ill try get in there today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks like Raze owes you his left nut... not that you'd want it! :D

How is it feeling today?

Its grand now. Went to a different piercer to get an different opinion yesterday and he said it looks fine and is healing well but that it seems to be pierced a little far to the one side. Normal enough he said due to how awkward it is to get in to pierce it. Thanks for all the help.

Advertisement