Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful dusk tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

great work!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Excellent Hugh. Must give that a go sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭randomguy

Really cool.

I got a photo of it, but the clouds are so red you wouldn't believe they were actually that colour in reality.

3901528808_01f3aa74d4_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

yep very nice
    3E10DD4669E3473C9B043591977D47AF-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Excellent Hugh - make a great opening for a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Very nice indeed, well done.
    The front cleared through here before sunset, we had nothing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Beautiful work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

savage, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Nice one!

What intervals did you shoot at and for how long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Beautiful timelapse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Brilliant...been meaning to try something like that for ages but I'm too lazy....How did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pft

Nice one. Like the way you've captured two sets of clouds moving in different directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

dar_d wrote: »
    Brilliant...been meaning to try something like that for ages but I'm too lazy....How did you do it?

I've been doing this for a while and what works for me is described here, it gets a bit geeky but bear with me ...

OK

1. you need a tripod, or some way to anchor your camera.
    2. compose your shot
    3. set your camera to manual exposure - figure out what works for you to make the exposure right, don't leave it in Auto
    4. set your WB to whatever works, don't leave it in Auto
    5. set your focus to manual, don't leave it in Auto

6. the camera I use (Nikon D300) has a thing called Interval Timer built in to its software, so I set it to take a frame very 10 seconds, and keep going for as many frames as I want. Before I had the D300, I had a D70 which didn't have the interval timer, so I used an InfraRed remote and manually fired off a frame while counting in my head. Different cameras have different ways of achieving the same thing, there are other yokes you can get to attach to your camera, the thing not to do is touch or move the camera while you're doing the timelapse.

7. When I'm finished shooting, I suck all the pictures into Lightroom and do whatever post I need to, then export them as a sequence of jpegs and import into quicktime to slow down and add music. There's a bunch of other different ways to do this that I know nothing about especially in a PC.

Cheers,

Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

The Moon was still out at 9am this morning.

Advertisement