Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info required on setting up website to recieve donations

Options
  • 08-09-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello Guys,

I'm really not too bright when it comes to setting up web sites. I want to set up a novelty web site to receive Donations. Any info for this would be wonderful. It will just a basic page and linking it to paypal.

Sally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Hi Sally,

What exactly do you need to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sally1980

Pretty much what are my first steps? Can i do it myself or will i need to get a professional to do it. Is it easy to link a website to paypay and what is the cheapest way of doing it.

Thanks so so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gotyournose

PayPal's website can help you with that, but if you've got a real charity that you're raising money for use mycharity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Sally1980 wrote: »
    Pretty much what are my first steps? Can i do it myself or will i need to get a professional to do it. Is it easy to link a website to paypay and what is the cheapest way of doing it.

It really depends on what the sites aim is, and your own technical skill. Implementing a paypal donation is not the hardest thing in the world to do, but as they say it's only easy if you know how. If your image is important then obviously I'd say get a professional to do it, if not and it's purely just so it will function then try it yourself. As mentioned above paypal will have most of the info you need, and this may be a useful article:

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/creating-a-paypal-payment-form/

Also, as mentioned above if it's a simple site for a charity, then you should consider mycharity.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sally1980

It wont be for Charity idea its a novelty idea looking for people to give me money. And i will advertise them

• Advertisement
Advertisement