Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Repair in Portlaoise

Options
  • 08-09-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just killed my gf's external hard drive. Knocked it off the couch and onto the ground. Its making a weird beeping noise and wont work on any of our computers :(

Does anybody know if there's a computer repair place around Portlaoise that could recover the data on the disk, and if so how much they cost?

Thanks,

Antilles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

There is a place in the beginning of Main Street (or maybe it is Bridge Street?). It's just in between the Polish grocery shops. It has a banner outside. You should notice. They may be able to help you (but I'm not sure, I've never been there).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Or you could try and do something about it yourself, it will cost a lot less

http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/2005/12/hard-drive-recovery-utilities-when-you.html

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I have used custom IT numerous times and would highly reccomend them. Are local with quick response and very reasonable priced.
    www.customit.it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Wired Internet Cafe on main st (near TSB) has a computer repair centre upstairs, high recommended.

Advertisement