Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedtime

Options
  • 08-09-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Bit of a random question but what time does everyone go bed at during school week?? I am so used to going to bed so late that now when I start back i will find it so hard to go bed early. Im thinking I should probably hit the hay around 10 if Im going to be able to function in school the next day.So realistically what time does everyone go to bed at so they can concentrate properly in school??Considering il be in study every day til around half8 il be pooped!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Lastnight it was about 3, but usually between 1-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

i go to bed round 11... i study til round then too..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Reillyman wrote: »

How do you get through the day?do you not be wrecked??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Same here, never really be tired though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

i go to bed round 11... i study til round then too..!

You're mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Usuallly between half one and half 2 is when I drop off, sometimes later. I'm like a fúcking dog the next morning, but I've usually woken up by the time I get into school.

li-evo7 wrote: »
    How do you get through the day?do you not be wrecked??

Well, I do rely on two old friends, Mr. Caffeine and Mr. Nicotine.

Try it sometime, come to the darkside!;)

Well, I do rely on two old friends, Mr. Caffeine and Mr. Nicotine.

Try it sometime, come to the darkside!;)

Lol have the mr.nicotine sorted..but i hate the taste of coffee..although i havent tried it in years so maybe my more mature taste buds will like it??

Lol have the mr.nicotine sorted..but i hate the taste of coffee..although i havent tried it in years so maybe my more mature taste buds will like it??

If your startin off I'd reccomend Mocha, it's a kinda chocolately coffee. Few days of drinkin that and your hooked for life!

Hump off with your Mocha, give me a large BLACK coffee any day!

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    Hump off with your Mocha, give me a large BLACK coffee any day!

Pfft, sure I know! I'm only advisin the coffee noob:rolleyes:

If your startin off I'd reccomend Mocha, it's a kinda chocolately coffee. Few days of drinkin that and your hooked for life!

Hmm that might do.I love my hot chocolate!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Considering il be in study every day til around half8 il be pooped!

for gods sake dont over do it, especially this early in the year.

last year i was mainly going to bed at 1ish and thought i was grand the next day, but coming up to the exams i started going to bed at 9:30 / 10 and it was such a big boost the next day. I was able to get more work done and i was acually taking the stuff in.

Make sure you dont be studying when your tired, because its just studying for the sake of saying you did so many hours then but you dont really learn the stuff so its pointless!

Dubs wrote: »
    for gods sake dont over do it, especially this early in the year.

last year i was mainly going to bed at 1ish and thought i was grand the next day, but coming up to the exams i started going to bed at 9:30 / 10 and it was such a big boost the next day. I was able to get more work done and i was acually taking the stuff in.

Make sure you dont be studying when your tired, because its just studying for the sake of saying you did so many hours then but you dont really learn the stuff so its pointless!

I have to start this early in the year. I havent been in school properly for 3 years!I will be way behind and have new subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

I go to bed at one and I usually fall asleep by two.I think its too late, last year i was wreaked going into school and i had to be up at 6 some days! I'm going to make an effort to go to bed earlier this year, gonna be hard since I stay up past 3 most nights since i'm still on hols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

ah yeah not back till next week and im trying to get back into a proper sleeping pattern. if i can be a sleep by 12 i'd be happy tbh.

my sleep pattern is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    ah yeah not back till next week and im trying to get back into a proper sleeping pattern. if i can be a sleep by 12 i'd be happy tbh.

my sleep pattern is all over the place.
    Tell me about it. I got to sleep around 6 am now:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Bit of a random question but what time does everyone go bed at during school week?? I am so used to going to bed so late that now when I start back i will find it so hard to go bed early. Im thinking I should probably hit the hay around 10 if Im going to be able to function in school the next day.So realistically what time does everyone go to bed at so they can concentrate properly in school??Considering il be in study every day til around half8 il be pooped!
    Bedtime, oh the memories......
    Was 4am on the dot throughout 5th year (meant I had to do macbeth and Longley on my own in 6th year but was worth it for redcafe. Probably.)
    6th year, I curbed my bad habits and went around 12.30am most nights and fell asleep around 1am. Would have been earlier but for the Wire. Definitely worth it.)
    10 am seems slightly ludicrous to me but then again I'm not the best role model when it comes to bedtimes......
    I can't wait for college next week.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Guys believe me you don't know anything about sleep deprivation until you get into college. Since Monday, I got about 4 hours sleep over the 2 nights and up for 9am lectures.

When I did the leaving cert I was usually in bed by 12 but I mightn't have slept until 1. I couldn't do any homework straight after school, I hit a slump, but came back to life around 8pm. Then I did my homework and I often started english essays at 10.30pm!

Moral of the story, find a pattern that suits you. If that means going to bed early and getting up at 5am to do your homework then so be it! If it's not broke, don't fix it! You will get on better that way instead of trying to fit into a "normal" or "recommended" study pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

From experience it is very difficult getting your sleeping pattern right after the summer holidays because unless you had a job during summer then you may not have had to get up early during the summer.

If school starts at 9am then I would reckon going to bed at 10pm would be the best option.

Depending on how far you live from your school and how long it takes you to get ready you could get a decent 9 or 10 hour sleep and you'll be sorted for the day.

Going to bed late won't help anyone. Your concentration may feel ok in the mornings but come afternoon you will be absolutely shattered.

If some of you continue on your late nights and early mornings routine you will be unbelievably tired and you will show signs of fatigue. It's all well and good having coffee in the mornings but it's not a substitute for sleep.

Go to bed early. It'll really help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Have to be in bed by 11 at the latest to be up for 7.30. At weekends obviously this is much MUCH later...

I dont study or whatever passed 8 in the evening, too tired for it to be of any use really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

go to bed as early as I can really.. usually 10.30. This is the earliest I have ever gone to bed at.. I dont sleep that well and I have to be up for 7am for the bus at 7.30am.. tis going to be along year..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Don't worry too much if your sleep pattern is fecked after the summer. I did my LC last year and after the summer, I'd become accustomed to getting to sleep at around 5 o'clock (seriously :eek:) So, at the start of the year, I just went to sleep at the usual time... I was wrecked obviously, but after a week or so I was asleep by 12 or so every night.

Oh yeah, and I couldn't have gotten through the year without caffeine :P... It works!

ah ye gd ole caffeine, I was drinking redbull everyday it gave a boost of energy which lasted about two hours, not much but it got me through the afternoon

I had some awful come downs from energy drinks during 5th year, really wouldn't reccomend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kersmash wrote: »
    I had some awful come downs from energy drinks during 5th year, really wouldn't reccomend them.

They give you a short energy boost but believe me people you will be exhausted come the afternoon.

It's not as if there's really anything worth staying up for anyway. There's fcuk all on tv during the week and if you're up til all hours in the morning talking to me on the internet then you have a serious problem.... and so do I. ;)

All your mates are gonna be going to bed early so why not you? You're all in the same boat.

If you still feel you can't sleep then you should maybe exercise a bit more. If you've had a good work out then you should find getting to sleep that bit easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GettingBy

I generally go to bed at around 12 or so. Usually playing guitar until then, but I read when I'm in bed because I just can't sleep without doing so, so I usually end up sleeping at about 2. Get up at 7 or so... Lots and lots of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

I don't sleep, I wait :D

if you go to bed early you'll miss playTv! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GettingBy

I don't sleep, I wait :D

... Wait a minute... Chuck Norris uses boards.ie? :P

Advertisement