Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phone With Alarm

Options
  • 08-09-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Im looking to get the full package from upc, as in tv broadband and phone, however, the alarm I have is set up to dial 4 numbers and then the person answering presses * to end the call. Will this work with UPC phone? I dont think its a digital alarm even though we only got it last year. I've heard about gsm diallers but would rather come up with another solution. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

Dbaby wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Im looking to get the full package from upc, as in tv broadband and phone, however, the alarm I have is set up to dial 4 numbers and then the person answering presses * to end the call. Will this work with UPC phone? I dont think its a digital alarm even though we only got it last year. I've heard about gsm diallers but would rather come up with another solution. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Isnt upc phone carried over cable and not the phone line? In which case your alarm will be connected to a dead phoneline if you switch to upc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Dbaby

It is yeah but Im wondering is there a way to connect the two? Because the upc modem as far as Im aware can connect to phones in the house that are digital so I think you can run a normal line from the modem to the alarm but I dont think the alarm will sync with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The UPC modem has a built in ATA, to connect a phone to, so assuming your alarm just connects to a phone line, you'd connect it to this too. As long as it's not a monitored alarm, as these use SMS to communicate, and it's just calling regular phone numbers, it should work.

Thanks for the replies. Would the alarm not have to be digital compatible? Like the way not all phones will work with the system?

Any phone should work with an ATA.

• Advertisement

The guy from my alarm company said I need a 50v analogue line...is that what is provided? Thanks for your help!

It won't be an analogue line. The alarm might be different to a normal phone, but any normal phone should work on an ATA. The alarm guy may not even know the answer. Google the alarm model maybe?

Advertisement