Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know an artist with an interest in text / fonts

Options
  • 08-09-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

I've been looking at some work done by Stephanie Tamez, an American tattoo artist that used to be a printer before she started tattooing. She has an interest in, among other things, the types of font (right term?) that people use for written tattoos and in the past has used antique books as sources for people's tattoos, or created her own.

Anyone know of anyone working in Dublin who would be interested in that kind of thing, or strong on this type of tattooing in general?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

The term you're looking for is Typography (i'm pretty sure). There's no artists in Dublin specializing in typographic tattoos. Having said that most artists do a good line in type as long as the font that you're isn't anything too intricate. Any examples of what you're thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Try Erin who I believe is currently working from Snakebite. She used to be a grafitti artist and damn good at it, and iirc likes doing interesting looking text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Scramble

Diceicle- thanks, typography is the word I should have used.

I've seen a lot of people doing gothic and scrollwork, but I'm more interested in something along these lines.

22steph.jpg

2969814232_c3cfd0207b.jpg

I'll take a look at Erin's portfolio, thanks Damo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Her portfolio isn't up on Snakebites site yet, but there's plenty where she used to work:
    http://www.dublintattoocompany.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=40

Advertisement