Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about Application for AGS

Options
  • 08-09-2009 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi all,

Maybe im over anlaysing things. Im 21 years old and have made the decision to join AGS-as soon as recruitment commences. However with the current moratorium and everything stuck for the time being, im getting confused.

Recently registered with publicjobs.ie for the Garda Recruitment Alert. Will those who have registered before receive the invite to apply before me?

Then, How do they whittle down the numbers of applications for Stage 1 of recruitment process. Is it based on information held in the application or is it that everyone that has a valid application are entitled to sit Stage 1 of the application process?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Connery wrote: »
    Hi all,

Maybe im over anlaysing things. Im 21 years old and have made the decision to join AGS-as soon as recruitment commences. However with the current moratorium and everything stuck for the time being, im getting confused.

Recently registered with publicjobs.ie for the Garda Recruitment Alert. Will those who have registered before receive the invite to apply before me?

Then, How do they whittle down the numbers of applications for Stage 1 of recruitment process. Is it based on information held in the application or is it that everyone that has a valid application are entitled to sit Stage 1 of the application process?

Ye will all be notified at the same time.

Not sure about your second question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭itsallgood

I think once your notified you sit stage 1, they use the results to cut the group, not based on information given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

From when I went through it I am pretty sure that once they took in the applications they gave a window of a week where people could ring and get a time for the aptitude test. Definite advise is to call as soon as possible as the first week candidate's became Batch 1, the second week became Batch 2 and so on. Obviously when they moved on to the interviews those in Batch1 got the earliest dates but you also got a result for where you came in the aptitude test within your batch.

Of course this was the tail end of when recruitment was happening regularly so they might change it now.

Advertisement