Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB poles

Options
  • 08-09-2009 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi All, does anyone know the situation regarding getting an ESB pole on my property moved. As it's on my property do I get to say where on my property I want it situated as where it is now it's an eyesore. This thing is not just supplying my house so I don't see why I should be the one who has to look at this damn thing everyday :mad: I wouldn't mind so much if it was tucked away in a corner somewhere.

Has anyone had a similar issue sorted by the ESB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

u have to contact esb networks i think or try the website for info

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It is not impossible to get them to move a pole, but it aint far off it!

You would have a better chance if it was in the way of something that you wanted to build that you had planning for, even then I have seen it taking years.

As suggested contact ESB Networks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It can be moved, but depends on the scenario. It might cause problems trying to get another location, or what its feeding, or if its low, medium or high voltage.

If you ring your local branch of esb neworks someone will check it out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

High voltage will be a pylon, not a pole.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

2011 wrote: »
    High voltage will be a pylon, not a pole.

110kv are on poles aswell as masts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Neeni

Hi Code Red,

I recently had ESB Networks relocate a pole on my site to facilitate an extension. You must submit a written request to your local branch and include a site map. An engineer will then arrange a site inspection and advise you from there on what the situation is with your specific pole!

Advertisement