Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone who'd install an IKEA kitchen?

Options
  • 08-09-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

IKEA charging about 1600 euro to install a kitchen - 8 units, 4 appliances, 1 sink - is that expensive? I thought it was, that's why I was thinking of getting someone else to install it?
    Or maybe that was a good price....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Any good carpenter can install it.

Call into In House, kitchens direct, cash and carry kitchens and just ask for their fitters list.

Write down some mobile numbers and call around for prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

sparkman wrote: »
    IKEA charging about 1600 euro to install a kitchen - 8 units, 4 appliances, 1 sink - is that expensive? I thought it was, that's why I was thinking of getting someone else to install it?
    Or maybe that was a good price....?

That's way OTT. You'd get any half decent chippy to install it for €300 or so, make sure they are good though, the way a kitchen is fitted is v important.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

I fit kitchens for the last 15 years and the price varies greatly but that seems to be a complete rip off.
    P.M me I will have a look and can give you a free estimate;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    That's way OTT. You'd get any half decent chippy to install it for €300 or so, make sure they are good though, the way a kitchen is fitted is v important.

Hi
    Sorry I have to say this but €300 for fitting it is talking through your hat it is plain to me that you do not have a clue about fitting a kitchen .
    For that money you will get a monkey with a level he bought in a car boot sale .

• Advertisement

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi
    Sorry I have to say this but €300 for fitting it is talking through your hat it is plain to me that you do not have a clue about fitting a kitchen .
    For that money you will get a monkey with a level he bought in a car boot sale .

€300 might have been a bit cheap but I got a bigger kitchen than the OP describes above fitted for less than €500 by an excellent chippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

€300 might have been a bit cheap but I got a bigger kitchen than the OP describes above fitted for less than €500 by an excellent chippy.

€500 less 35% tax is €325 (working on c45) how long did it take him

Carpenter wrote: »
    €500 less 35% tax is €325 (working on c45) how long did it take him

3 and a half days and it is a perfect job. Did a superb job joining the corner angles so there's no need for a brass strip.

3 and a half days and it is a perfect job. Did a superb job joining the corner angles so there's no need for a brass strip.

3 and a half days to fit 1 kitchen. He must be really slow. I hope you fed him well coz he isnt going to make a livin at that rate. :rolleyes:

mark1974 wrote: »
    3 and a half days to fit 1 kitchen. He must be really slow. I hope you fed him well coz he isnt going to make a livin at that rate. :rolleyes:

don't you worry bud he's doing plenty good.
    Although he must struggle alright getting paid €480 for 3 1/2 days work.
    Clown. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

don't you worry bud he's doing plenty good.
    Although he must struggle alright getting paid €480 for 3 1/2 days work.
    Clown. :rolleyes:
    €480 minus tax and other expenses. Big bucks there pal, then again its good money if its cash in hand. But wouldn't that be dishonest.:eek:

mark1974 wrote: »
    €480 minus tax and other expenses. Big bucks there pal, then again its good money if its cash in hand. But wouldn't that be dishonest.:eek:

People pay tax :eek:

Advertisement