Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tablet touchscreen with *nix

Options
  • 08-09-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Hi peoples,

I'm giving consideration to a tablet netbook in the next while and making it a unix box for a) the experience and b) to help with work.

I'm wondering before I do it, what is the tablet functionality like with unix? Do different flavours work better/worse? Is there stuff that just won't work?

as an aside, has anybody got unix running on a ssd? hows the performance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Maybe not what you're looking for but these guys have one coming out soon (or is on backorder, not sure), seemed impressive to me, has a custom touchscreen Unix OS.
    http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/home/index.htm
    It's got a magnetic back so you can stick it on your fridge! :D

Another demo vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Fat finger, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmm, not what I'm looking for.

More info on how touchscreen tablets work on unix.

Like I said, I'm sorta in the market for a tablet netbook and if *nix works fine then I prolly won't bother with win7 on it and just buy an ssd instead of keeping the larger trad hdd for a dual boot.

Advertisement