Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista Blue Screen of Death (Stop c0000142 DLL Initialization Failed) HELP!

Options
  • 08-09-2009 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm out of the country at the moment and my laptop is my primary means of communication home so I would appreciate any and all help.

It's a Vostro 1700 with Vista and AVG Free installed as an AV. When I try to start the laptop I get the blue screen of death, when I restart and go to boot menu nothing works, any of Safe modes or Normal boot. They all start to boot and then I can see a flash of the blue screen and the machine restarts.

I tried the built in repair option just now and got the blue screen with the following message; Stop C0000142 {DLL Initialization Failed} Initialization of the dynamic link library winsrv failed. The process is terminating abnormally.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone?

I'm running the system diagnostics "Test for Blue Screen" at the moment, will post the results up later when it's done.

I've run the Diagnostics and they've come back with three failures;

Two errors showing unreadable data error or media is write protected and hte other about an IDE device failure. Any ideas??

Could a mod move this if it's in the wrong place?

I can't run the programmes listed in the Sticky because I can't get into windows.

Is there any way to save them to a USB and run them from the boot menu?

Advertisement