Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypertic<--Well worth a listen

Options
  • 08-09-2009 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just flicking about on MySpace and found the website of these guys.I havent been this impressed with an Irish act since Matador.

Anyone know much about them?Id never heard of them.

They're tracks are seriously good though!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Yes, they actually emailed me a while back with promo's - serious quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

There playing kennedys on the 11th according to their myspace!

Dont like "Sunny side up" or "Semyorka" Vocals on "Wireless" are a bit Wack but loving "Cirrus".

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I also got hold of a few of their tracks and was very very impressed. Seriosuly quailty to rival anyone...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just wanted to drag this thread up and I think these guys deseve it. Almost everything these guys put out I really really like.

I just got notification on my souncloud that they uploaded a new track. This time is a remix of a tune from our very own Kid Handsome - and Al Keegan:
    http://soundcloud.com/hypertic/al-keegan-kid-handsome-bedlam-hypertic-remix What a stonker.

Here is the Original: http://soundcloud.com/kid-handsome/al-keegan-kid-handsome-bedlam-original-mix which is deeper and darker but I really like it too

All their other stuff is here: http://soundcloud.com/hypertic

So great to see so much Irish talent around these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zascar wrote: »
    Just wanted to drag this thread up and I think these guys deseve it. Almost everything these guys put out I really really like.

I just got notification on my souncloud that they uploaded a new track. This time is a remix of a tune from our very own Kid Handsome - and Al Keegan:
    http://soundcloud.com/hypertic/al-keegan-kid-handsome-bedlam-hypertic-remix What a stonker.

Here is the Original: http://soundcloud.com/kid-handsome/al-keegan-kid-handsome-bedlam-original-mix which is deeper and darker but I really like it too

All their other stuff is here: http://soundcloud.com/hypertic

So great to see so much Irish talent around these days

jaysus first i'd heard of the remix. nice one. gonna listen now.

• Advertisement

So does it get your approval?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Really like the Cirrus track, and Less Ket More Success is pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Had Peter (one half) of Hypertic on the show a few weeks ago, chap has been sending me his tracks about 2 years now, some great downbeat stuff aswell he makes, played Less Ket in Pygmalion last week, crowd seemed to enjoy it!

Big things for the lads now, signing to FvF afaik....

So does it get your approval?

ah jaysus yeah. listening to the original, it sort of brought home how quickly things can change in dance music. The original track is a good 6 months old. didn't know it was being released soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Yeah fair play to these guys.Think they're gonna do well by the sounds of it.That remix is fairly stonking aswell.
    Im always barking on about new acts getting a break but its people like this that should be getting the good warm up slots around town and not just djs who havent/cant produce a decent track.Same goes for the likes of Kid Handsome&Steve Donaldson too.

• Advertisement

Yes deffo. Not sure if they play live sets much but I'd love to see them - I've already seen Kid Handsome and Steve Donaldson live too and they were both excellent. More of that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Peters playing soon in Rogue or whatever its called now.... for the Color Tv guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yes deffo. Not sure if they play live sets much but I'd love to see them - I've already seen Kid Handsome and Steve Donaldson live too and they were both excellent. More of that please.

Agreed both excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hypertic

Thanks for the support lads and glad you's like the tracks.Also happy Kid Handsome likes the remix of his track.Al Keegan gave it to us to do so thats probably why you didnt know it was getting done.Dont know whats happenig with a release date.

We just signed a track called 'Less Ket More Success' to Malatoid Records in Italy that has the likes of Gary Beck&Alex Kenjii releasing on it which is cool and that will be out on 21st Dec.

We've more stuff coming out on Cold Busted,FVF Records,Love Hertz&Simplex in the next couple of months so keep an eye out.

Cheers.

http://www.myspace.com/hypertic

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Hypertic wrote: »
    Thanks for the support lads and glad you's like the tracks.Also happy Kid Handsome likes the remix of his track.Al Keegan gave it to us to do so thats probably why you didnt know it was getting done.Dont know whats happenig with a release date.

We just signed a track called 'Less Ket More Success' to Malatoid Records in Italy that has the likes of Gary Beck&Alex Kenjii releasing on it which is cool and that will be out on 21st Dec.

We've more stuff coming out on Cold Busted,FVF Records,Love Hertz&Simplex in the next couple of months so keep an eye out.

Cheers.

Fair ****s to you lads, your tracks make me seriously want to pick my game up a bit, really good stuff.

Cheers.

Jaysus good shtuff lads. Malatoid are a quality label.

Cheers Jeff.We were happy with them.Some great names.Been banging you're Shotgun track out of it for a bit.Its class.We charted it on the last chart on Beathoker.Tronic aswell?We have a bit of catching up to do on you to top that!!Well done man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

This is what annoys me about Dublin so much.Heres are a duo from Dublin which I mentioned in the Original post as being one to watch.

Now they have gone to the top 20 in sales on Beatport's Techno section in with names like Dubfire,Radio Slave,Adam Beyer&Umek and wheres the support for them?

When was the last producer from Dublin in the Top 20?I cant ever recall it hppening.And thrres big acts in the Tripod like Dusty Kid,Loco Dice and Beyer and these guys dont get a sniff of a warm up slot even?

Dublin is very very wrong.Its doesnt reward true talent.And for anyone who says otherwise and for an achievement of this magnitude to be barely recognised let along rewarded shows just that.

Well done lads.

Cheers Jeff.We were happy with them.Some great names.Been banging you're Shotgun track out of it for a bit.Its class.We charted it on the last chart on Beathoker.Tronic aswell?We have a bit of catching up to do on you to top that!!Well done man.

didn't see this til now. cool lads, thanks. well done on the top 20. great to see. lovely track too.

Hypertic-Monsoon

Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Hypertic-Monsoon

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Enjoy.

Gorgeous tune, do an 85 BPM edit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Quality tune...well done!