Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation Letter, Ballyfermot College

Options
  • 07-09-2009 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hallo!
    I've had an interview with Ballyfermot College last monday, when will I be likely to hear from them? I was put on a waiting list, the interview went well and I think I got the course ... I'm just dying to know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Doesn't being put on a waiting list mean that you don't get in unless people drop out? I was put on a waiting list too and was told that that was the only way I could get in to my course.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Folks, the FE sector or PLC sector as it used to call is overwhelmed with applicants - 60,000 applicants for 30,000 places according to the TUI. If you are on a waiting list then you have to hope that people will not take up their place on the course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tilly Starr

Talked to the college, will find out on Friday or Monday at the latest!
    Yes, I think it depends if they have any vacancies after registration, which is on thursday ... well, fingers crossed!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

When I was at my interview for a PLC college they said that when the 3rd round of offers come out they get quite a few people dropping out. I don't know when the 3rd round of offers are though.

They were referring to CAO Round 3 offers and I doubt there will be many offers by that stage - demand exceeds supply everywhere at present from the Universities to the Institutes of Technology to FE/PLC colleges. In the FE sector alot of mature students have taken up places as they applied earlier in the year. So if you are thinking of FE as an option for next year get your application in well in advance. there is no central applications system for FE or points etc but it is advisable to get your application out of the way byy 1 Feb same as the CAO.

• Advertisement

... I'm going mad! Still nothing! Does anybody know if they will send a letter even if I didn't get a place? When does the courses start? Checked everywhere on web no idea!:o

They were referring to CAO Round 3 offers and I doubt there will be many offers by that stage - demand exceeds supply everywhere at present from the Universities to the Institutes of Technology to FE/PLC colleges. In the FE sector alot of mature students have taken up places as they applied earlier in the year. So if you are thinking of FE as an option for next year get your application in well in advance. there is no central applications system for FE or points etc but it is advisable to get your application out of the way byy 1 Feb same as the CAO.

Thank you! Even so I'm still hoping I will get a place, If I don't I will definitely apply as early as possible next year!

Classes have started in FE colleges throughout the country but the majority of the FE colleges are swamped by applicants and I would suggest that to ease your worries you ring (or visit) and see what the story is

Yep, I think that's the best option to put my mind at rest!

Sophsxxx wrote: »
    Doesn't being put on a waiting list mean that you don't get in unless people drop out? I was put on a waiting list too and was told that that was the only way I could get in to my course.

Any news on your side? I called the college and was told I would receive a letter either way to let me know, so far nothing ... should I just resign myself that I didn't get it or keep waiting by the letterbox?
    The college said they sent out letters already, the girl I talked to wasn't too helpful, I don't want to ring again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Any news on your side? I called the college and was told I would receive a letter either way to let me know, so far nothing ... should I just resign myself that I didn't get it or keep waiting by the letterbox?
    The college said they sent out letters already, the girl I talked to wasn't too helpful, I don't want to ring again!

Hi.
    Um Nope. I'm taking it as I didn't get in. I had myself, my mother and my principal even rang to see what was going on and it was a different story each time. I've gone back to school now anyway as I couldn't just sit around for another month praying for someone to drop out.
    Don't be scared to keep ringing, the tutor for the course I wanted hated me cuz I wouldn't leave her alone! Keep ringing but if I were you in this late stage, I'd be looking at other options!

Good luck hun!
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Some people haven't even been in the college a week yet tilly, I only started back in bcfe on wednesday, give them another email/call on monday/tuesday, there might be some early drop outs or people that got jobs, or just straight away don't like college :rolleyes:

Thank you guys!
    At this stage I'm kind of resigned to the idea that I didn't get a place, still a letter to confirm this would have been nice!
    I will call the college again on tuesday or wednesday just to make sure, I really wanted to do this course!

Advertisement