Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wWasp Nest in eves - which product will kill em

Options
  • 07-09-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello, does anyone know which products will kill wasps? i have a nest and need to kill them. Thanks.:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

My dad's not here to ask, as he got rid of one here last year but
    http://www.rentokil.ie/residential-customers/flying-insects/wasps-and-bees/index.html?gclid=CPCDk96n4JwCFdYB4wod8QviLA might be of use?
    It says to use their rentokil powder or foam. I assume it's probably good. Either way there's some good advice too

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

star-pants wrote: »
    My dad's not here to ask, as he got rid of one here last year but
    http://www.rentokil.ie/residential-customers/flying-insects/wasps-and-bees/index.html?gclid=CPCDk96n4JwCFdYB4wod8QviLA might be of use?
    It says to use their rentokil powder or foam. I assume it's probably good. Either way there's some good advice too

+1
    Unless the queen is killed you'll have a problem next year too though apparently.
    We had a nest in the bathroom wall, pretty unnerving to here them....like a hoover going inside the partition. We had Rentokill come out and they insert a probe into the hole the wasps enter by ensuring that they get to the heart of the nest.
    If you do it yourself, you risk getting stung and not getting them all.
    Just my 2 cents hope it works out for you though. Wasps are a menace. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NoodlePoodle

Thanks for that - yes i think you might be right - i will call rent o kill. The nest is in the Eves so I would have to get up in a very high ladder to spray them. Sometimes you have to let professionals do the job right.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

only had them out last week. 5 mins and job done. Defo call the professionals in! Good luck:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

tesslab wrote: »
    only had them out last week. 5 mins and job done. Defo call the professionals in! Good luck:rolleyes:

+1 we had them out and it took no time at all! Good riddance waspies!! Ours were in the roof of the extension so not too bad - one of our neighbours had them all over her curtains and thought they were coming in the window until she realised they were coming up out of the floorboards!:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

the fumes from petrol will kill them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

There are some amount of wasps around this year. I never saw anything like it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

HERE'S MY EXPERIENCED WITH THE ANGRY LIKE WHORE'S.

Defo call in the professionals.

Advertisement