Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea Tri this weekend - call your time

Options
  • 07-09-2009 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

All I'll say for myself is...don't hold your breath! I won't be looking to beat any records. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

Looks like I'll be doing this on my own then! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Nah Mandy you are not on your own, hard to call time when I havent done it before, my times range from around 1.30 for Tri-Athlone to 1.59 for Brian Boru challenge. I would hope to break 1.30 some time this year so this is my last chance so 1.29.59 so.

Dont know what the bike and run parts are like but I have swam the lake before and it has lovely clear water and sandy bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I got somewhere around the 1.26 mark which I was delighted with. I thought the whole race was very well organised, good course, great weather and a great transition/finishing area, certainly the most enjoyable race I have done this year.

My only suggestion would be that maybe they should split the waves into three next year, there was a serious amount of swimmers in the water, I got bumped and kicked all over the place, my worst swim of the year in the best conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

I'm not sure what my time was, it was longer than yours though catweazle! Great time, well done.

I thought the race was really well organised, right through from registration to the race itself, with plenty of marshalls along the course. The weather was perfect for it too!

I heard the results were supposed to be up yesterday evening, so hopefully they'll be up soon. I presume it'll be on the predator website?

Advertisement