Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubdoc

Options
  • 07-09-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am thinking about doing some Dubdoc locums. Can anyone give me some info about it eg what us work like?, How busy is it?
    How do I go about getting work?
    How much flexibility is there?
    how much does it pay?

Alternatively does anyone have suggestions of other GP work I can do, preferrably without giving a long commitment and preferrably not during daytime Monday - Friday due to childcare issues. I am probably looking for the opposite of what most GPs want from a job. I am looking to keep my hand in General Practice without a total commitment at present.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

If you're vocationally trained or have 3 years + GP experience D-Doc is an option, the shifts there and evening and overnights, with full sat/sun cover as well. Can be busy especially at the weekends but good support available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

Thanks for reply. Northside doesn't really suit me. I am not too far from St James's Hospital so I think Dub Doc would be better. I have no problem being busy as long as the pay matched. I am hoping it would do two things, give extra income and give me experience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Best to contact the Medical director of Dub-Doc then they deal with vetting doctors and terms and conditions.

OMD wrote: »
    Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am thinking about doing some Dubdoc locums. Can anyone give me some info about it eg
    what is work like?,
    How busy is it?
    How do I go about getting work?
    How much flexibility is there?
    how much does it pay?

could anyone help with any of the questions?

Anyone?

• Advertisement

OMD wrote: »
    Anyone?
    RobFowl wrote: »
    Best to contact the Medical director of Dub-Doc then they deal with vetting doctors and terms and conditions.
    :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement