Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it wrong?

Options
  • 07-09-2009 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

am i wrong that i was delighted watching tipp players cry on the croke park surface today after Kilkenny did the inevitable deed of winning another all ireland.

Mods please dont close this i'm asking here cos i wanna know how other Limerick folk feel towards tipp.

were you happy to see tipp lose 29 votes

Yes glad to see Tipp cry!!!!!
    0% 0 votes
    No sick of Kilkenny winning
    34% 10 votes
    at least it wasn't dublin winning anything
    65% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Iang87 wrote: »
    am i wrong that i was delighted watching tipp players cry on the croke park surface today after Kilkenny did the inevitable deed of winning another all ireland.

Mods please dont close this i'm asking here cos i wanna know how other Limerick folk feel towards tipp.
    I knew watching it I hate both teams, and I hate watching KK win again sigh... but as someone from Limerick its all the sweeter seeing Tipp lose :).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's a long way to Tipperary an All-Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Was well pissed off tipp lost and in the manner of the loss, felt the ref was wrong with the peno award and it was a massive moment in the game!
    Hats of to Kilkenny what an achievment but i take no pleasure in seeing grown men cry thats for sure!
    Im born and bred Limerick man but was hoping Tipp would do it yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Was well pissed off tipp lost and in the manner of the loss, felt the ref was wrong with the peno award and it was a massive moment in the game!
    Hats of to Kilkenny what an achievment but i take no pleasure in seeing grown men cry thats for sure!
    Im born and bred Limerick man but was hoping Tipp would do it yesterday!

My thoughts exactly, I am sick to my gills of Kilkenny, the poxy b@st@rds. It is terrible for the sport of Hurling for them to be winning it every year. That peno award was a disgrace and turned the match. It knocked the stuffing out of Tipp. They should have taken at least one of their goal chances though. Limerick would be better off trying to get our own house in order, rather than snearing at Tipps gallant defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Would have preferred it going to a Munster team instead of the Cats - Hate Cody!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

No need to feel sorry for the Tipp crowd. I'm sure they are ok being consoled at home by their attractive cousins/girlfriends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    No need to feel sorry for the Tipp crowd. I'm sure they are ok being consoled at home by their attractive cousins/girlfriends.

Harsh, very harsh, but so very very true

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

May have a crap hurling team lads but at least we live in some form of civilisation.

Glad to see KK win, only cause it was tipp though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

says a lot about us as a people that we need other teams to lose for us to feel good about GAA....and whats with the Dubs comment....how sad is that............:confused: if Dublin played anyone bar limerick in hurling I and many other REAL GAA fans would support them.
    Grow up. I was roaring for Tipp on Sunday. And they showed something none of our teams have shown in a long time, balls and real natural skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Liam79 wrote: »
    says a lot about us as a people that we need other teams to lose for us to feel good about GAA....and whats with the Dubs comment....how sad is that............:confused: if Dublin played anyone bar limerick in hurling I and many other REAL GAA fans would support them.
    Grow up. I was roaring for Tipp on Sunday. And they showed something none of our teams have shown in a long time, balls and real natural skill.

Sport was the winner on the day as true fans will know , what a fantastic match & heartily congratulations & THANK YOU to both camps.

Tipp accepted their defeat like true sportsmen & no doubt will be gracious in victory soon if they continue along these lines.

OP. get off the high stool and get out to a few matches, maybe go to a few under age & see what "real GAA" is all about

• Advertisement

snowman707 wrote: »
    Tipp accepted their defeat like true sportsmen

They havent stopped cribbing about the ref since Sunday!
    Yes the peno should not have been but other than that the ref had a good game. And do you include Benny Dunne in your catagory of true sportsmen?
    Scumbag more like. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

Iang87 wrote: »

6-19 to 2-7!!! stick to the rugby lads!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I dont understand this mentality of Limerick people hating other counties, particularly Cork and Tipp. Its clearly bitterness on some people's part toward other successful teams. These people would be better served putting their energy into supporting their own county's senior teams. Particularly the footballers!! I was in Croke Park on Sunday sat beside my Tipp friend and was happy to cheer for them. They're a stylish side who play quality hurling. They were also the underdogs. Anyone from Limerick that didn't want Tipp to win clearly has some bitterness issues they need to attend to.

MickTipp wrote: »
    stick to the rugby lads!!:)

And the soccer and the Gaelic. In fact, is any other sport played out there? Besides chasing your cousin round a field?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    And the soccer and the Gaelic. In fact, is any other sport played out there?

out where??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

Glad to see tipp cry cause of what B Dunne to Tommy Walsh:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

I just wanted Kilkenny to win the 4 in a row. I don't care if they are always winning, I just like to see a great team get what the deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Liam79 wrote: »

Probably only thing I will agree with you on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

i was hoping tipp would win as well i think everyone is sick of kk winning in saying that i think tipp played a dirty game as usual.

MickTipp wrote: »
    out where??

Out there! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

as a cork person living in limerick i cannot believe the sour grapes going on in this forum. If Limerick cant get to the final this year we should be delighted our neighbours are and should be supporting them all the way. I was and my heart went out to them on Sunday. It would have benefitted Tipp far more to win than Kilkenny, from a sporting aspect i mean. Tipp were robbed as they had far more heart on the day.

wake up and smell the coffee ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

It'll teach them for their dry ball stunt in '71 down in Killarney;)

Advertisement