Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 106 should I go?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's the biggest show that they've got planned at the moment I think. I'm really looking forward to every one of those fights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

If you have the money then yes!! Well worth the money, my first UFC was 88 this time last year in Atlanta and i absolutely loved it! Im dying to get to a vegas gig but from start to finish is a costly affair, you could do it on the cheap but im not going that distance to stay in a dive and sit at the back of the arena come fight night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I was at UFC 100 and it was great, the fan expo was also very good and if you have the money then you should go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Is there crowd trouble at Ufc in the states or is it just on smaller shows in Britian? TBH my only worry about going to one of those events is getting my HKI by a bunch of thugs fire up from watching pros in action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

I'm heading over for this with couple of friends. Great value on hotels in November and we got cheap flights-just 350 return. I imagine tickets will be expensive but looks like quite a stacked card so should be well worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Is there crowd trouble at Ufc in the states or is it just on smaller shows in Britian? TBH my only worry about going to one of those events is getting my HKI by a bunch of thugs fire up from watching pros in action.

There are very few fights at UFC shows. There was one during a match recently and another earlier in the year, but it's between women most of the time and not something that I'd be worried about in the least

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Superwoody you know if they are planning any more fan expo's?

Kelso what airline did you get those flights?

Any of you members of the UFC fightclub?

Kelso wrote: »
    I'm heading over for this with couple of friends. Great value on hotels in November and we got cheap flights-just 350 return. I imagine tickets will be expensive but looks like quite a stacked card so should be well worth it

hey where did u get flights for 350

• Registered Users Posts: 39,158 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

104/105/106 all look like they'll be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

THat card looks really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Superwoody you know if they are planning any more fan expo's?

Kelso what airline did you get those flights?

Any of you members of the UFC fightclub?

They said there would be more fan expos but they did not say when. There was a bit of trouble at UFC 100 when some english fan f**ked hes glass bottle of beer into the fans after Bisping got KOed, the yanks went crazy and I think the english guy got f**ked out of the event. Other then that I seen no trouble and all the people I got talking to were sound. I would also like to know where Kelso booked hes flights and hotel (I might go to this event myself) you don't have to spend a **** load of money in Vegas (Don't gamble so much)

And yes I am a member of the fight club.

Got my flights on www.cheaptickets.com, they seem to have gone up a fair bit now though but might come back. Flying with Delta via Atlanta. Hotels we just booked separate, but seems to be good deals on. Could have stayed at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay for €250 each (3 of us) for 6 nights if booked with our flights but decided to stay at the Palazzo for 4 nights after the ufc so cost €615 altogether.

I cant find them for anywhere near that, cheapest ive got so far is 500 euro for return flights..Im trying to work somethin out to get to this event

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I was at UFC 94 last January.
    Great experience.

While that card looks great, I'm waiting to see what they're Superbowl card is this year.
    It's usually the best card of the year, and the only reason it wasn't this year, was because UFC 100 was in the making.

Really cheap flights seem to be gone alright, maybe there was a sale or something. Ebookers have flights with Delta from 20-26 for €450 which isn't bad though either, and maybe get a good package deal with them too if booking hotel

Advertisement