Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Problems

Options
  • 06-09-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi
    I am having problems with my electrolux fridge which are beyond my capabilities. I am in West Wicklow and Charles Camping have said they can service it but to just bring the fridge to them and not the whole camper.
    I have tentativley tried removing it but while it is loose in the cabinet it still won't release.
    Does anyone know how thay are secured in place?
    I have removed the outer vents an can see quite a lot but no fixings.
    Any help appreciated.
    Connel
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Firstly, whats wrong with it? It might be something that doesnt need to be taken out for.

Generally they are fastened in from the sides with screws, the switches and knobs might be in a plate which might need to be removed, it will have electric connections to 12v and 220v (assuming it has these) and the gas pipe will have to be disconnected.

Best to lob up a photo here or tell what camper you have to give people an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Open the door and look for screw fixings inside along the front edge, (they may be covered with caps). Manuals including installation instructions/fault finding are available from http://www.dometicmanuals.com, just insert your model number.
    Be careful breaking a gas connection unless totally comfortable with it.

Maynooth Motorhomes isn't that far from WestWicklow who may be able to service it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I tried to remove the fridge from my van once, but after a few hours of taking things apart only to find more things to take apart, I thought better of it.

The real clincher for me was the gas fixings at the back - if I broke those I would be kiboshed. Since I couldn't see any of the back without pretty much disassembling the cabinet work all around I thought it would be better to leave well enough alone.

As stapeler said - the fridge unit is normally screwed into the cabinet work in a number of places. If you're lucky you can see and unscrew them all. If you're unlucky, some of the fixing points are underneath the fridge or in otherwise inaccessible places.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Good news.
    I finally managed to get it out.
    I do have the manual and did remove the side screws but it was just a tight fit and I was being too careful.
    So I got it out and disconnected everything only to find it would not fit out the bloody door!
    Nothing for it then to sort it myself which I did and it is now working perfectly.
    There was quite a build up of dry dirt in the jet.
    Thanks for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

connel42 wrote: »
    Good news.

There was quite a build up of dry dirt in the jet.
    Thanks for all the help.

That's the most common problem . Did you clean out the flue ? A fair bit of carbon builds up there too . By rights , the jet is supposed to be changed every time you take it out too... but I alwasy get away with it a few times .

• Advertisement
Advertisement