Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is an arts degree?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Trying to think of something for my CAO, I'm not even sure what an arts degree is, can anyone help me here??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pjtb

The arts degree you're probably thinking of is one where you (usually) study humanities subjects over a 3/4 year course. Some of the subjects could include geography, history, english ,irish, maths, french, german etc. The subjects you can do depend on the college you do your degree in. In first year you usually study four subjects, and continue with two of them in subsequent years. An Arts degree alone may not secure employment, further study is often required. A common route taken is into secondary teaching, after doing the PGDE/ Hdip

You should look up the prospectus of some colleges on their websites.

Advertisement