Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone who jailbreaks itouchs in limerick?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Recently bought an apple itouch, beautiful bit of kit

I`ve heard there is a way of legally cracking it so applications & games can be shared?

Any shop in the city that can do this?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    Recently bought an apple itouch, beautiful bit of kit

I`ve heard there is a way of legally cracking it so applications & games can be shared?

Any shop in the city that can do this?
    :confused:

Unlikely. Its not illegal per se, but AFAIK it voids the warranty. Im unsure.

Basically google is your friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Unlikely. Its not illegal per se, but AFAIK it voids the warranty. Im unsure.

Basically google is your friend ;)

Yep modifying the software on it does break the terms of it's warranty so you would not be able to go back through the provider that sold it to you in the event of a problem, and you would have problems going back through Apple with it on the same grounds.

The other side of that is that, like many other brands, there is a wealth of legal software available online to modify devices, and if you are the type to check up on what you wish to download for you device, then it can be done with no ill to your device.

As the previous poster said, Google is your friend on this. You can find plenty of information online and in forums where the pros and cons of the software can be discussed and explained.

I would look for forums that discuss the itouch, and pose your questions there. The Tech forums on Boards.ie may be of help to you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try our very own Apple Media Devices forum. I'm sure those guys know the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 garbage bin

The posters above are correct, it does void your warranty so there is an element of risk

I got this done by someone in Limerick a few months back, it completely transformed my itouch, no regrets

If this one died & I had to buy another, id do the very same thing

If you want to get it done, send me a PM:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Can somebody give me a simple answer to "why i should jailbreak my itouch ?"

I have one for about a year and have often been tempted to jailbreak it. Why ? Just because everybody else is doing it.

I feel like I'm missing out on something, But as i see it there are thousands of free apps out there for the itouch ( granted some are crap some are excellent)

Am i missing the bigger picture ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 garbage bin

Can somebody give me a simple answer to "why i should jailbreak my itouch ?"

I have one for about a year and have often been tempted to jailbreak it. Why ? Just because everybody else is doing it.

I feel like I'm missing out on something, But as i see it there are thousands of free apps out there for the itouch ( granted some are crap some are excellent)

Am i missing the bigger picture ?

I thought the same, you can add 1000`s of apps to your itouch & organise them by categories, games like metal gear solid, assassins creed as well apps that you can view word docs & pdf with. It obviously still has all the original functionality

Its your call at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Nope. That reply did nothing for me. :D

Still don't know why i should jailbreak my itouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

The posters above are correct, it does void your warranty so there is an element of risk

I got this done by someone in Limerick a few months back, it completely transformed my itouch, no regrets

If this one died & I had to buy another, id do the very same thing

If you want to get it done, send me a PM:)

PM sent, thanks to all for your help

Advertisement