Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8Gb

Options
  • 06-09-2009 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Thinking about buying one.

but cant figure out if i should get an iphone 3gs instead.

any opinions ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Just upgraded mu N95 8Gb to the N97 this weekend. Couldn't justify the IPhone based on the 02 tariffs. N95 is a great phone first and foremost. Good battery life. Does all that it says on the tin. No apps. Web browsing less than brilliant. Depends on what you want most - phone or apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Opera Mini is a little less clunky then the native browser, and some may argue that the camera in the N95 is better than the iPhone, most would probably find the iPhone more straightforward to use.

...and i just traded in my N95 8gb against an N97 this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DanielL wrote: »
    Thinking about buying one.

but cant figure out if i should get an iphone 3gs instead.

any opinions ?

Please read the sticky titled "How to ask for advice on phones".

The N95 and iPhone are quite different in a lot of ways, with the N95 having higher spec/more features, and the iPhone having God-like status. *runs for cover*

So let us know what is important to you in a phone so we can make a recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm gonna echo what Tom says .. tell us what you want out of the phone. If you want my opinion then if given the choice I'd take n95 over iPhone, having used both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DanielL

ok well

good camera but not bothered for video capture
    long battery life
    good support for java
    wifi
    not to bothered about 3g
    menu speed
    reliability
    and music functions (obviously iphone ? )
    and all over functionality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

good camera but not bothered for video capture
    - n95 wins
    long battery life
    - n95 wins
    good support for java
    - n95 wins
    wifi
    - both equal really
    not to bothered about 3g
    - both pretty much equal to be honest
    and all over functionality.
    - bigger screen on iphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DanielL

Really pushing towards n95 now ..

apple has a bad rep in my books (2 ipods broke .."warranty" didnt cover it.)
    whereas nokia are brilliant for repairs/replacement
    had a nokia 6300 which was broken due to me being curious and opening it up one day (big mistake) got a new unit 2 days later free of charge no questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

DanielL wrote: »
    whereas nokia are brilliant for repairs/replacement

2 year warranty, not sure if it's from date of sale or manufacture though.

Don't know much about Apples warranty cover, but i will say that my N95 8GB gave me nearly 2 years of almost perfect service. Had to go back one for a dead screen after a USB connection but that was fixed in short order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    The N95 and iPhone are quite different in a lot of ways, with the N95 having higher spec/more features, and the iPhone having God-like status. *runs for cover*

How much do apple pay you :)

Advertisement