Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in going to college at some stage - physics and maths - unsure about maths

Options
  • 05-09-2009 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have really become very interested in the subjects quoted above.

However due to having ADHD and only having recently being diagnosed I did terribly bad at school and have no confidence in my ability to understand complex maths. I am learning alot about physics at the moment and have grasped a few ideas quite easily but over the next few weeks I expect that I will reflect alot of the ideas - then I will know if I really can grasp it properly.

Anyways I'm wondering if there are any courses where you can do more advanced maths that do not require you to be in a college course. I want to get a feel for it.

Any info appreciated - thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

So do you mean like a part time/night course? How advanced Maths do you mean?

I've found this one at UCD Adult Education Centre http://www.ucd.ie/adulted/courses/kn201.htm Anthony teaches the Maths module on the Access to Science & Engineering course I attended last year and he is a very good teacher. Believe me, I was useless (or so I thought) at Maths and ended up with an A grade in my exam. :) Even if the course is too basic for you, maybe he could point you in the right direction.

Or Open University?

Advertisement