Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that chartbusters in crescent sc has shut...

Options
  • 05-09-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

...is there any alternative to Xtravision? The one in Dooradoyle is pretty badly stocked and nevers carries any world/indie movies like Chartbusters did (even if they hadn't any new releases in ages). Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Nope,xtravision in Dooradoyle is pretty crap..I'll give ya that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The only other comparison is really Xtravision in the Parkway. Although with the closure of Chartbusters a lot of people will head in that direction meaning that getting the title you want in the new release section will likely be much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

yeah, seems like we are stuck with xtravision who I also noticed upped their price to 5.35 shortly after chartbusters closed...hmmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bloody hell, don't know the last time I was in a DVD rental store.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, don't know the last time I was in a DVD rental store.

Same here.

Streaming is free. Play.com's bargain bins are excellent value as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Me three. No late fines if u don't return ur <cough> <cough> to <cough> <cough>

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Me three. No late fines if u don't return ur <cough> <cough> to <cough> <cough>

I go to Xtravision for 2 reasons,see what new games are out and c what new films are out soooo i can acquire them elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

so maybe i need to look to new technology then....thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

technology is def the best way but if ur after some indie/world movies if you go up henry street as far as the corner flag there is a dvd rental store up there which is independently owned. i forget wat its called but they have a good selection.

Moviedrome. He has a great selection alright. He has lots of indie/world/oldies that can be very hard to source elsewhere. Nice laidback spot and he doesn't pull ur pants down if you hang on to the film for a few extra nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It's "you're" or "your" people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jimbozo

It's "you're" or "your" people

Its not 'Its' in the context you used it in its 'its'. There are grammar Nazis and there is the Grammar SS.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jimbozo wrote: »
    Its not 'Its' in the context you used it in its 'its'. There are grammar Nazis and there is the Grammar SS.

Owned:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I haven't bothered with Xtravision for years since I got a phonecall one day from this arrogant arsehole accusing me of not returning 3 DVDs that I never even rented in the first place...I never did pay the "balance" on my account, as he insisted that I must do.:p

Xtravisons overzealous pursuit of late fees has a done as much to harm there business as illegal downloading or satellite tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I like Moviedrome too. Lovely bunch of lads working there, nice atmosphere and they have a good selection of older movies you won't always find in Xtravision. Plus they're actually into film, and will even chat with you about what they have in stock that you might like! I'd always prefer to give my business to an independent retailer, anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Dublin Xtravisions have 5 new releases for 5 nights for a tenner! why can't somewhere in Limerick do this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Dublin Xtravisions have 5 new releases for 5 nights for a tenner! why can't somewhere in Limerick do this???

they do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Moviedrome, Henry street. On top of Henry street.
    Well worth a visit, the owner Paul is a film buff and very easy going.

Advertisement