Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tooheys Extra Dry

Options
  • 05-09-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

When I was over in Australia i fell in love with this beer but unfortunately ive never found it over here since. Has anyone ever seen this beer for sale anywhere, obviously cork would be preferable as im in kerry but i do have a friend who goes up to dublin every few weeks who could pick me some up if he knew where to go...

Cheers lads!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

they have it in the abbots ale house and bradleys in north main st in cork....I didnt really fall over it....i liked the tooheys old more...especially in the big bottle in a byo resturaunt....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

I drank this stuff in a Walkabout in London last year. It is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

oconn wrote: »
    they have it in the abbots ale house and bradleys in north main st in cork....I didnt really fall over it....i liked the tooheys old more...especially in the big bottle in a byo resturaunt....:)
    Not anymore they dont, i was up there the last day and they told me although they used to stock it they dont have any form of tooheys anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

In Cork i saw it in O'Donovans on Oliver Plunkett St a few months back. Dont know if they still stock it. O'Briens in The Parkway, Superquinn in Castletroy and Fine Wines on Roches St all stock it in Limerick. I wasn't overly impressed with the stuff myself, leaves an unpleasant aftertaste, and i found it overly crisp, if thats even possible.

Dam, and i only just after leaving limerick...o well il be heading up to cork sometime soon il check out o donovans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Anyone know where I can buy a crate of this over in the Dublin or Kildare area???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Davexirl wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy a crate of this over in the Dublin or Kildare area???

Thanks

The off licenece in Ongar(Dublin 15) were selling it at 1 stage. Havent seen it in a while there as I recently got James Boag and some Coopers Ale there.

They are called Coolers or something like that. Give them a call if u can get their no. before going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

A fellow TED man! Hails!

Same thing happened to me, went to Oz, found TED :D

Allthough you could get 3 giant bottles of the Old for $9 in some offies :eek:

I didnt know they had in in the abotts ale house, i really much check that place out.

Last time i saw a TED was when the last few bottles were sould in Pine Lodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

ciaran76 wrote: »
    The off licenece in Ongar(Dublin 15) were selling it at 1 stage. Havent seen it in a while there as I recently got James Boag and some Coopers Ale there.

They are called Coolers or something like that. Give them a call if u can get their no. before going.

Cheers for the heads up, gave them a ring but they dont sell that beer so the young one said!!!

I have to track it down I loved Ted's

For anyone who loves teds in cork i found some on fine wines just past the courthouse heading out of town, i think its washington street?

Bad news is they were 2.75 per bottle :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Patricide wrote: »
    For anyone who loves teds in cork i found some on fine wines just past the courthouse heading out of town, i think its washington street?

Bad news is they were 2.75 per bottle :(.
    Yes that's Washington St, the Fine Wines is beside the Kino cinema.
    Fair to say they're way over-priced. €1.99 would be more than enough for this beer.

grenache wrote: »
    Yes that's Washington St, the Fine Wines is beside the Kino cinema.
    Fair to say they're way over-priced. ?1.99 would be more than enough for this beer.
    Exactly, i was expecting it to be 2.00 euro tops. O well looks like i wont be drinking much teds :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Davexirl wrote: »
    Cheers for the heads up, gave them a ring but they dont sell that beer so the young one said!!!

I have to track it down I loved Ted's

Was in there on Friday and there was none there.

They had Carlton Cold, James Boag, Coopers and Cascade.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There's a rich seam of TED waiting to be mined in Deveney's of Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ShaneK101

Everyone is mad for the Ozzy beers these days..! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement