Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Debs Question

Options
  • 05-09-2009 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, going to my girlfriend's debs this coming week and was just wondering do I get her mam flowers even though it's her debs? Was gonna get her mam flowers and herself chocolates? Should I get the mam flowers? :confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Flowers are not that necessary, I always just got chocolates for the mam. You don't want to look like Santa Claus walking in the door (crusage, flowers, chocolates). Then again its up to you, either way you will be fine, just make sure you get something for the mam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pjtb

Doesn't it depend on where you live?

Where I'm from, no one gives anything to the mother, just gets flowers and chocolates for the girl. And there are no limos hired either. Saves a lot of money;)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 cGirl

No need for flowers, just get her mam a nice box chocolates. Don't turn up with nothing for the mam, especially given it's your girlfriend and not just a girl, you have to keep the mammy sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

pjtb wrote: »
    ]Where I'm from, no one gives anything to the mother, just gets flowers and chocolates for the girl.
    Round here its even more relaxed, lads just get a rose for the girl. I've actually never heard of someone buying for the mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

rob a few flowers from your neighbours garden, now thats how to save and look good at the same time !!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Decided just to get a small bouquet of flowers, that's alright isn't it? Should be a good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

We're in a recession. Forget the trimmings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

SantryRed wrote: »
    Decided just to get a small bouquet of flowers, that's alright isn't it? Should be a good night :)

yeah thats all i got for my girls mam for my debs so your safe on that front ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

For the two Debs I went to, I just gave the girl a corsage and gave the mother a box of chocolates. Since it's actually your gf though, the small bouquet of flowers is a nice touch. :)

Advertisement