Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNDERAGE RUGBY

Options
  • 05-09-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

UL BOHS Rugby Starts back Sun 6th Sept 10.30 Annacotty, bring gum shield and OWN water (due to swine flu)

New players all ages welcome, see our website for details

www.ulbohs.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Are we still OK to register on the 20th?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

yes, 20th will be ok, what age group?

If its a new player, i usually advise them to try out for a week to see if they enjoy it before registering

We run several summer camps, lots of player try out here and go on to sign up later

6 year old just for the run out. but its my 11 year old that wants to play he has been asking to start for over a year now but I have resisted due to me being a complete Mum about the whole contact sport thing:o.. but just lately I have become very disappointed with the GAA setup. and think it's time for a change

sorry for delay in responding, we take 6yr olds, i personally will not be coaching this age group but we will accept them. THere will be minimal contact, no scrums, no lineouts. I personally find that 10.30 to 12 is a bit long for this age group, however the game is all about FUN at this level. We have very good coaches all of who will have completed mini coaching courses accredited to the IRFU.

Bring your child down any sunday morning for a run out. Make sure that he has a gum shield, (this will take a bit of getting used to)
    Boots would be handy, and dress appropriaately for the weather.

Ul bohs also run summer camps which is a great way to get started.

brought the Boys today, there was a blitz for the U12 so my eldest just watched but the 6 year old had a Ball he loved it he is mad in to running so the training he got suited him down to the ground... Need to get some cold weather gear for them and me standing around for the morning is not so good for my old bones:o
    Please PM me with the registration fee cost for them so I can legal
    thanks

• Advertisement

Next Sunday, call into Tony Quilty in the office just to the right of the entrance, he will have application forms etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

Musha - a good tip is to get yourself a pair of warm, waterproof boots (hiking boots type - lidl or Aldi do them regularly enough if you don't want to spend too much. Don't wear wellies, freeze the toes off you. Get a waterproof jacket and pants and leave them in the car boot. If the kids take to the rugby you'll be spending years at the sidelines and the gear will repay your in heaps. As the weather gets colder get some of those hand warmers like hikers use (again Lidl tend to have them). Your'll appreciate them as the frostbite sets in, and the kids use them to thaw out their hands after training. Enjoy. Its great for the kids and can meet lots of good people on the sidelines too.

Thanks for the tip OhWell ;)

Couple of weeks in and the kids love it, I am also impressed with the organisation and the welcome that we have received from the trainers. the boys cannot wait until Sundays mornings now..

Advertisement