Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week

Options
  • 05-09-2009 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anyone know what the story is there? got my registration pack and it says my first meeting is on wednesday 9th, but should i be going up to IADT every day next week to check if there is anything going on? (as it is freshers week):D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Next week is just introduction and registration week, freshers' week isn't until the 21st of September. I guess they want us (the first years) settled into our new surroundings before they kidnap and drags us off somewhere. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The Freshers week is pushed back as BlueSpiral said until the 21st which, as an alternative to lumping new students into activities straight away, works pretty well.

Having some time to make a few friends and getting familiar with the area before setting up recreational activities is great because you can then spend that recreational time with the new friends rather than still trying to find your way.

IADT, i'll admit, can be a little confusing sometimes. At the end of last year while arranging to spend some holiday time in the studios we had to sign forms and drop them into the faculty office. An office which half the class were unaware of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

oh okay i see. well that makes sense. thanks for clearing that up :D

has anyone heard of anything exciting going on during freshers week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dorce9

I'm pretty sure that Super Extra Bonus Party are playing the Fresher's Ball :D

that should be quite a night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jellah_bean

sounds...delightful anything decent on:P ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

sounds...delightful anything decent on:P ?
    I've thrown the two main posters for Freshers Week into the IADT: the fine details thread for people to look over.

I'll be editing the thread further later on with any additional details I can dig up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LynnZ

Ah thanks for that, was looking around for a poster online trying to remember when club's and soc's sign up is on.I have resolved to actually sign up for something this year ,hopefully be a few good ones.:)

Advertisement