Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed - ordering foreign/exotic wines/beers

Options
  • 05-09-2009 2:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi, i just wondered if anyone knew of a company or off license that orders foreign or exotic wines/beers? Its a gift idea for someone and iv seen places online that do it and kinda give you a deal of 6 bottles that are good and well tested but these sites tend to be american based. Just wondered if anyone knew of anywhere in the dublin or indeed ireland area that did this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I would imagine it depends on what you term "foreign" or "exotic", best to give some examples

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

yeah if ya want some american spirits / beers lemme know and maybe we can barter some Powers 12 yr over it :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Well, i guess i mean like interesting non typical irish beers/wines? Am not a major beer/wine person myself so am not too sure of the details so again any help in this respect would be mucho appriciated!

Redmonds in Ranelagh has a very extensive stock of beers and wines. There is also another place on Leeson Street that has a very good selection of wines but I can't remember the name!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Oh cool, ill give there a gander, do you remember where abouts on lesson street? Am basically looking for exotic/different produce that would be a bit special/different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

veryrandom wrote: »
    Oh cool, ill give there a gander, do you remember where abouts on lesson street? Am basically looking for exotic/different produce that would be a bit special/different.

Again what are you looking for?

Wine basically doesn't get made in the exotic regions cause the climate doesn't suit it. It needs a cold sharp winter and hot dry summer with some rainfall but not monsoon type!

For beer what do you want? Beer from places like Vietnam or the West Indies or something? Probably go to an Asian market for some exotic beers. Else try some of the places as mentioned. To add a place - the off-licence at the cross-roads in Dundrum village maybe called Deveneys has an acceptable variety of beer also.

veryrandom wrote: »

Louis Albrouze, it's on that "island" across from the Burlington just down from Leeson Bridge beside Keskh Café and Spar

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I take it by "Exotic" you just mean different from the usual Heineken/Guinness/Buweiser beers?

If so, check out The Drink Store in Stoneybatter. They have quite a large range of world beers. You'll definitely get something different there.

Advertisement