Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction Day..

Options
  • 05-09-2009 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I know that it's on the 7th, but does anyone know the exact time we've to be in? I couldn't find it in the letter that we got last week...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Depends on your course man...as far as I know, I'm not in til Wednesday the 9th. Doing English Media and Cultural Studies by the way.

~Inari,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Napoleon84

I found the timetable; it's on the SU website. Thanks for the reply though. I'm also doing EM & CS, but I think we're in on fridyah.... DL241 right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 emZie

we're in wednesday and friday.
    Wednesday at 11:00
    Friday at 9:30 and 13:30, 14:30.

I can send you the e-mail I got with those times if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Napoleon84

Yes, If you dont mind! I'm a tad lost as to whats going on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Aye, we're in on Wednesday for something like School Induction or something, and Friday is Registration, Induction and SU orientation as far as I know. I think everyone's a little confused, but that's half the fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

registrationandinductioninfo2009.jpg

School Inductions: These are particular to your course and are a great help. You'll get to see your classmates, meet a few of your tutors and lecturers and if your induction is anything like mine was, you'll get a quick tour of the college too. Your tutors as well will explain any details that they feel is important enough to address and will field any questions you have about the course, materials, timetables and what is to come in the coming year.

Institute Induction: More general and covering details particular to the college rather than your own course, these will run over the day and are open to all students. I'd encourage you to go to these if there are a few things you need clarified or cannot get an answer elsewhere.

SU Induction: Again running openly over the day, all students are encouraged to go to one of these meetings as they outline what the SU does, how it is involved in the college and what they can do for you. They'll tackle stuff like clubs & socs, college events, finance, accommodation etc. Pop into this one, chances are, they'll cover an issue you never knew was important.

While the inductions aren't mandatory, all are important, especially the school inductions. The school induction would be the most important thing you do that week, apart from the registration :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jellah_bean

Im such a gobeen I missed it I had work this morning did you guys get your time table? etc...well uyou'll know who i am now..the one who wasnt there argh:( could someone please message me the timetable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Im such a gobeen I missed it I had work this morning did you guys get your time table? etc...well uyou'll know who i am now..the one who wasnt there argh:( could someone please message me the timetable?

Nah, we didn't get our timetable, book lists or that stuff yet. I don't believe anyone has.

They did tell us to meet up at 1 o' clock on monday, but ask any of the English students and they'll be able to tell you what room. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

If your talking about EMCS I'm almost certain its A106 but double check that just incase!
    You didnt miss much to be honest. Nothing important like.

Basically we all went in and sat down and one of the tutors talked to us. Then the head of humanities had a chat with us all and then we met all the lecturers. All that happened after that was a tour to show us the basics but I'm almost certain you could get one of those on friday after registration.

Awh your such life savers! :) EMC's for the win:) see you on friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

i think its a019 on monday at one!

well aren't we all in on friday for registration I'm sure they'll say it again then... hmm wonder why do we have to meet up on monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

we're getting our timetable on monday i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Lloydface

The class is at 1 oclock in room A019 :)

Yeah it seems like the timetable isn't finalised yet so when it's done I'm sure we'll get it. We're definitely in on Tuesday at 9.30 as well.

Advertisement