Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed,..updating bios on my acer one netbook

Options
  • 05-09-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

I need to upgrade the bios on my acer aspire one a150 (linux) in order to solve a know battery charge problem, I have been googleing all day long & I've found lots of info but I still can't manage to flash a new bios to my netbook, it's a bit over my had to tell the truth, I need some simple step by step help, any takers ??:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

argh this happened to us, but we were in japan. It must happen to every single one of these notebooks. I remember finding very clear step by step guides at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

woop wrote: »
    argh this happened to us, but we were in japan. It must happen to every single one of these notebooks. I remember finding very clear step by step guides at the time
    we sorted it, found a step by step guide,..took a few attempts but now have bios version 3309 flashed to the acer aspire one netbook, battery now charges fine, it's a box open refurb from acerdirect.co.uk,..saved €170 on buying a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

lensman wrote: »
    we sorted it, found a a step by step guide,..took a few attempts but now have bios version 3309 flashed to the acer aspire one netbook, battery now charges fine.

Did you do this outside of windows? could you post the link to the guide, I would be interested to see how this was done outside of windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

kierank01 wrote: »
    Did you do this outside of windows? could you post the link to the guide, I would be interested to see how this was done outside of windows.
    here's the link we found, we got it going after a few tries,..new to linux

cool, have you got mepis off it yet? :)
    its functional like but annoying(although not hard) to add programs etc

its really a pity that people first experience with linux is with os like mepis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

Mepis?
    Nothing wrong with Mepis at all!

I think you might be thinking of Linpus, which originally came with the Aspire One.
    Even they're embarassed about that, and are about to release a new version which
    will be moblin based, and could be well worth looking at.

niallb wrote: »
    Mepis?
    Nothing wrong with Mepis at all!

I think you might be thinking of Linpus, which originally came with the Aspire One.
    Even they're embarassed about that, and are about to release a new version which
    will be moblin based, and could be well worth looking at.

sorry yeh I meant linpus not simply mepis:o
    actually never got around to trying mepis but was going to back when I was first installing ubuntu

Advertisement