Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you take the HPAT in 5th year?

Options
  • 04-09-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

this is something that has been annoying me for a while now:

Can you take the HPAT in 5th year, and say if you do badly can you do it again in 6th year?

I've heard people say you can do it, but I'm not sure:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

You cannot take the HPAT 5th year (when you are doing the leaving in 6th year).

An answer to this was posted here not so long ago with back up evidence but don't know where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

You can but if they find out (which they will) your in trouble. Dont do it.

No, you cant do it in 5th year...Read here

You cant, as they need your CAO number to supply your result to the college, which you wont have in 5th year.

One guy I was talking to came up with the bright idea of using the cao number of a friend in 6th year who didnt want Medicine.

Yes, but you still get the experience of taking it once. But of course you cant use the points you get... Either way it just shouldn't be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Seeing as the HPAT test is based on your natural aptitude doing the test twice isn't likely to give you a hugely different result...

• Advertisement
Advertisement