Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

INK - a sci-fi fantasy you have to see

• 04-09-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭sergiotheonly

I don't know if many of you have caught wind of this just yet but a little independent film called Ink has been garnering great reviews over in the States for a while now, since its theatrical debut about 6 months ago. Husband and wife team Kiowa and Jamin Winans shot it on a tiny budget last year with a small crew and filled in every possible position themselves - from composer to production design, editing and special effects.
    Check it out on Facebook and at their blog and website.

I was lucky enough to see the film a little while ago and it was truly one of the biggest, and best, surprises I have had in many years of watching many films. I then had the pleasure of getting in contact with the filmmakers themselves in order to write an article on the movie for Click magazine, which they were good enough to mention on their page and which then also got some mention over at scifiscoop.com .

So head over to the site and check out the stunning trailer and feel free to have a read of the article if you have an interest. More importantly, if you like the look of the film get online and let the filmmakers know and we can try to get a screening of it over here. Ireland was the first country to do a magazine article on it, let's see if we can get the European premiere as well!

TRAILER

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Trailers look bloody great i have to say, they dont seem to know when itll get a toronto showing tho which is a bit pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

The photography is beautiful. Wouldn't mind checking it out.

• Ooohh. This looks fantastic. Really hope it gets some form of a release over here.

Been looking forward to this for quite some time. Have heard nothing but goof things about it and really cannot wait to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Very interesting visual style. Might be worth contacting the IFI about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭sergiotheonly

I think IFI would be the perfect place for it. Ideally we would manage to get it into a theatre for one night and, if it played well, get it to return for a week. While a once off showing would be good, making some money for the film in a proper run over here would be even better.
    If you are interested, let others know and follow the film online. The more attention we can give it from Ireland the better the chances of it getting over here.
    We hope to be able to do some Click screenings so - maybe this can be the first one...

Been looking forward to this for quite some time. Have heard nothing but goof things about it and really cannot wait to see it.

link to the click feature here if youve got facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ink/55404284537?ref=nf#/album.php?aid=104166&id=55404284537&ref=mf

*edit* just see that sergio posted that

the guys seem really open to feedback tho, so get bloody well emailing! ive been hassling them for a toronto show coz i picked the worst time possible for someone who wants to see this flick to leave the country lol

I think IFI would be the perfect place for it. Ideally we would manage to get it into a theatre for one night and, if it played well, get it to return for a week. While a once off showing would be good, making some money for the film in a proper run over here would be even better.
    If you are interested, let others know and follow the film online. The more attention we can give it from Ireland the better the chances of it getting over here.
    We hope to be able to do some Click screenings so - maybe this can be the first one...
    just thinking here, but a screening in meeting house square might be the best bet. was at a gig there the week i left ireland and it was fantastic. very very limited crowd, maybe 600 seated, but itd be a real intimate event. maybe get the guys to have a q&a

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Looks fantastic. Just did a bit of digging on IMDB, apparently the filmmakers will be making it available for download from their site on October 27th. Amazon are advertising the Blu-ray available for pre-order, released on November 10th apparently.

Looks fantastic. Just did a bit of digging on IMDB, apparently the filmmakers will be making it available for download from their site on October 27th. Amazon are advertising the Blu-ray available for pre-order, released on November 10th apparently.

Emailed the makers awhile back and they said that as far as they know and hope the Blu Ray will be region free. Really cannot wait to see this and if the proposed Click screening goes ahead I'll be first in line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I just watched this last night.. I wasn't expecting much from it at all other than originality tbh

was I wrong!!

easilly one of the best movies I've seen in the last few years, it looks fantastic from start to finish, the characters are great as is the acting, and and well... it's just awesome =)

I'd highly recommend it to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I just watched this last night.. I wasn't expecting much from it at all other than originality tbh

was I wrong!!

easilly one of the best movies I've seen in the last few years, it looks fantastic from start to finish, the characters are great as is the acting, and and well... it's just awesome =)

I'd highly recommend it to anyone

Agreed, I'm just after watching it last night and it had to be one of the most original movies this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Interesting piece on TorrentFreak today -
    More proof that these large companies have their heads up their asses. They only speak for the profit, not for what the people want to see.

I wish the filmakers all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I have seen it. It is not very good. Very like Night Watch. There are one or two interesting visuals but the story is lacking and the script are not up to much. It feels like a student film.

I have seen worse but certainly wouldn't put it as a must see. I have got many movies that I have stopped watching but this I at least watched. Be warned some movies are getting pimped by people involved.

Check out Dead Air review on IMDB and I can honestly say who ever gave it full stars was involved because nobody would think it is that good.

Advertisement