Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh where, oh where can my package be?

Options
  • 04-09-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

So I bought a laptop on eBay on tuesday (25th of August). Postage was paid for but typically it was advertised as standard post ie I don't know how it was posted. Emailed the seller who said they'd sent it on thursday morning and that I should have recieved it on tuseday (1st of September).
    Lo and behold its friday and yet no package has arrived.
    To make it worse I have no tracking info for the package so I can't even guess at where it is.
    BUT!
    I rang An Post and apparently post from england is being delayed at the moment.

So what do I do? Wait patiently and hope it comes soon.......or panic and spread my worry some more on my fellow man?

Ps. Any info on this post delay (if its true) would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Between your legs, i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Forget about it until Monday anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

The title of this thread was a trap.

A disappointing trap. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well it should turn up eventually ...hopefully.
    Post between Here and Britian at the mo can be terrible.

Worst case senario is that if you bought it on Ebay, you more than likey used Paypal and they usually have a good system for claiming for it. Let us know if it turns up. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I read somewhere there were delays due to royal mail industrial action - don't know if it is still on. That might delay the delivery of your laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

should've got insured post..... especially for a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

I ordered a parcel from the UK off ebay on the 15th August and i'm still waiting so don't hold your breath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

today i received a package for the wrong address

a conscience would tell me to return it to the post office so they could arrange proper delivery

however i just rubbed it against my penis and called it Sarah

is this package yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

99% chance if it was posted using parcel force in the UK it wont be an post here it will be GLS that will be trying to deliver it here.

The are worse than usless the wont bother to look for you and leave it in there warehouse for a few weeks and then it will go missing.

Best thing to do is contact seller and get proof of postage then contact royal mail and work from there.

Good luck have a search in the consumer section there is loads of posts about GLS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Thank god for 24 hour courier services thats all ill say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

99% chance if it was posted using parcel force in the UK it wont be an post here it will be GLS that will be trying to deliver it here.

The are worse than usless the wont bother to look for you and leave it in there warehouse for a few weeks and then it will go missing.

Best thing to do is contact seller and get proof of postage then contact royal mail and work from there.

Good luck have a search in the consumer section there is loads of posts about GLS.

I think this means Gets Lost Somehow.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

I used to work for an Irish branch of a UK company. We'd send post back and forth between the two companies. It usually took a week, sometimes two, for post from the UK to arrive (especially for a large package).

Advertisement