Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le french indie?

Options
  • 04-09-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

can anyone reccomend good french band/singers or people who just sing in french for me?

i guess i'm into indie/alternative, a little bit of shoegaze and indie-electro...

Favourite include Los Campesinos, The Smiths, Passion Pit, Ladyhawke, Be Your Own PET,Asobi Seksu, Belle and Sebastian...

Merci in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Check out Malajube, they're a Canadian art-rock band who sing in French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Also try Phoenix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Try UFFIE, she is French/American but has some songs in french, kind of electro pop indie.

+1 To Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

You should check out Stereolab, I was listening to them today actually. The singer, Laetitia Sadier, is French, she sings mainly in French. The compilation 'Serene Velocity' is probably a good place to start.

Electrelane, on their album 'The Power Out', do a few songs in French. I think the lyrics of some of the songs are the poetry of Siegfried Sassoon, it's a great album. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

you should also check out coeur de pirate
    another Canadian who sings all in French while playing piano..
    more of an acoustic sound off her..

http://www.myspace.com/coeurdepirate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

I just got this album from Wagram recently...Paris Lounge..the second cd has some really good indie tracks on it and cd1 is more electronica. Its really good.
    There are a few albums with the same name so link below...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paris-Lounge-2CD-Various-Artists/dp/B001MK013S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1252173526&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Alan Noir

Francoise Hardy. Not exactly indie, but if you like B&S and don't like her you're just not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cinnamon girl

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Not so much a band but check out Kitsune records. They have quite a few french electro/indie artists signed, every now and again they have a showcase tour, saw the Maison tour last Xmass in the Button fac and was brilliant, Autokratz, riot in belgium, punks jumo up, heartz revolution, YLHCSD etc

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I'm a huge fan of Christophe Willem, winner of the French version of Pop Idol, Nouvelle Star. He now has two albums out ("L'inventaire" and "Caféine") and both are nice electropop/ballad records made even better by his very unique vocals.

If you're looking for something more upbeat Babylon Circus are a fantastic ska/rock 10-piece who played the Dun Laoghaire Festival of World Cultures recently - their latest is called "La Belle Étoile".

• Advertisement
Advertisement