Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st day back... REPEATERS

Options
  • 04-09-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

How was your first day back?

Mine was horrible. While all my "usual/normal" friends were enjoying college I wasstuck back in my old school. :(

I really dont want to spend the next 9 months there. :( Let alone take on a whole new english course which was one of my weaker subjects :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Its really hard going back to the same school. I think the hardest thing is just facing all the old teachers, all the enquiring questions.

I myself am repeating, but thankfully I'm going to a grind school. I did pretty well in the leaving cert so I'm worried about getting bored by some of the subjects I got A's in. I'm dropping honors english though and taking up geography and business. I'm not starting till Monday... I am kinda looking forward to it, just being confident about some my subjects and working on the new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

I'm not back until monday but i'm not really lookin forward to it.

Why are you doing english again? You effectively have to do the entire course in 1 year. There are other subjects that are much easier to do in 1 year.

Yeah I meant to say that too. DROP ENGLISH... If its one of your weaker ones anyway you probably dont have the flair for working with or writing on new material. Plus apparently King Lear is a bit of a bitch of a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It kind of sucked. There's no repeat class in my school, repeats just get shoved into other classes. Most people seem quite nice, but I feel so much older and out of place :(

Still I have a better biology teacher this year, my new English teacher seems much more competent than my last and the day is much easier to get through now that I've dropped Irish. So it's not completely awful. Besides who needs friend when you have BOOKS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bluemooner

Calum196 wrote: »
    Yeah I meant to say that too. DROP ENGLISH... If its one of your weaker ones anyway you probably dont have the flair for working with or writing on new material. Plus apparently King Lear is a bit of a bitch of a play.
    king lear isnt too bad a play. the story is a little weird but the themes and emotions 'n stuff are easy to learn off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

JW91 wrote: »
    Why are you doing english again?

I need it as a higher level subject for the points.

You going back to the same school?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I'm going back Monday, not looking forward to it but, not dreading it either. I have to do the whole English course aswell and also I'm taking up higher French even though I done ordinary for Junior Cert and Leaving last year. Think I'm gonna struggle big time with it although I think I'll get grinds for it, hopefully that will help.

Finical wrote: »
    I'm going back Monday, not looking forward to it but, not dreading it either. I have to do the whole English course aswell and also I'm taking up higher French even though I done ordinary for Junior Cert and Leaving last year. Think I'm gonna struggle big time with it although I think I'll get grinds for it, hopefully that will help.

location ;Liverpool?
    Where are you now if ya dont mind me asking? Does the timetable in your school allow you to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Swizz wrote: »
    location ;Liverpool?
    Where are you now if ya dont mind me asking? Does the timetable in your school allow you to do that?
    I'm from Mayo, but last year in my school for French both ordinary and higher were in same class so I'm sure I'll be able to go for higher French see I don't wanna take on another subject seeing as I've all of the English course aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I won't know for another while if I even have a place :(
    Maybe it'll get better for you as time goes on? It's bound to be strange at first,especially if you're back at your old school,OP. I really do hope things improve (:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

Swizz wrote: »
    I need it as a higher level subject for the points.

You going back to the same school?

Ya I'm going back to the same school.

As regards English I still think you'd be better off taking up business or applied maths. You could take up either of those in 1 year and do them at higher level

I feel like quiting.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I really feel bad for my friends repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

My college i was suppose to repeat in sent me a letter TODAY telling me they could only fit me into 3 classes, French, Economics and Ag Science ( which i was taking up as an extra subject)

I need to find somewhere else now,
    Rathmines is full,
    Anybody know anything about Pearse or Kilroy College?

Living in Kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

JW91 wrote: »
    Ya I'm going back to the same school.

I thought you found the LC to be "the easiest thing ever"?

I remember my first day when I repeated, was absolutely shitting a brick and it turned out grand in the end!

I went back today, it was ok. I'm not overly annoyed about repeating.... so long as I get the course I'll be happiest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I thought you found the LC to be "the easiest thing ever"?
    You gotta love how things like that come back and bite people in the arse
    Calum196 wrote: »
    I went back today, it was ok. I'm not overly annoyed about repeating.... so long as I get the course I'll be happiest in.
    Yeah sure that's the thing, what's one more year if it gets you your dream course!

Advertisement