Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure which switch to get

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

Do you really need 24 ports for your house? For residential use, performance differences aren't likely to be noticeable, so price would start to look like the deciding factor. However, take into account power consumption and noise from fans. Komplett has 16-port fanless gigabit switches for just €93, which would be cheap to buy, cheap to run (25W) and silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I had a 16 port and ran out of space on it. Have 6 360's in the house, 7 pcs, 3 servers and the router. Never have many on at once other than the 360's but saves changing everything around every time want to use somethings. I decided to get the planet one and its really low noise which i'm really happy with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

6 360...??? Have you a gaming arcade? And not one PS3 Im disgusted!! Id get this switch, excellent quality, good price and very reliable kit..

http://www.fleskit.ie/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_flesk.tpl&product_id=16459&category_id=138&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=52

Best of luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 graigavern

Just reading ur post there, a bit late at this stage, What Sw did u decide on in the end just for a matter of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I decided to get the http://www.planet.com.tw/news/productnews/GSW-2401.htm gsw-2401 one, really good so far and really low noise. In reference the comment above, sorry just noticed. Nah just mates come over for lan nights so handy to have a few of them about. I have a wii also but contemplating getting a ps3 now theirs decents games on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement