Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web pages won't load unless I hit cancel and refresh [UPC]

Options
  • 04-09-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I am having a problem with my 10MB UPC connection whereby it wll take ages to load certain pages.

For example I might clink on a links on Boards.ie and the page will continue to load and load and load but nothing will appear until I click cancel and try to reload again.

This happens predominantely with Safari but occasionally with Firefox. My Mac connects to the internet via a router which is plugged in downstairs.

Any ideas? All seems fine here....

556503565.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Doesn't sound like a UPC issue to be honest.

I get something like this but it only happens on internet explorer when it's trying to start Java applets. When I load the same page in Firefox it works fine. Just make sure you are running the latest versions of Safari/Firefox.
    Also, check what the webpages are running: flash? java applets? etc...
    If you narrow down what they are trying to start up, you should be able to resolve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

It seems to happen when I try to post in forums or run a search on a website. I have the latest versions of both browsers. Ditto for flash.

Advertisement