Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nervous???

Options
  • 04-09-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey ppl I'm 23 nearly 24 starting psychiatric nursing & kinda getting nervous!!! Anyone else feel the same? O i hope it's not all 17/18 yr olds in the course lol!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tonywanda

Me too! I'm 24 and starting Psych Nursing at U.C.C! Looks like were in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I'm 24 and starting in Arts in UCC. I spent the last year doing a PLC course surrounded by 17 and 18 year olds with the exception of about 3 or 4 others. To be honest, I got used to being around the young ones. I just tuned out whenever they spoke. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

Hey girls,

Congratulation, on your first academic year!

Not need to worry about your age, I knew some people who started midwifery & nursing career at much mature age, some of at 40-45! I'm 30 and I only thinking to applying either for RGN or RM.

Good luck,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Lisa23Lol

At least I'm not the only one!!! Are any of ye going to the workshop Tues, it'll be good to meet people around my age doing the course before we're landed with all the young ones lol!

Lisa23Lol wrote: »
    At least I'm not the only one!!! Are any of ye going to the workshop Tues, it'll be good to meet people around my age doing the course before we're landed with all the young ones lol!

Not bothered with any of those workshops to be honest. I shall see you on Orientation day perhaps though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Yeh pretty nervous alright, doesnt help that im going into a huge course either.

Aww we'll be fine................hopefully!!! The orientation timetable is a bit confusing I'm after getting 2 different ones, ah well I'll know on the day!

Aww we'll be fine................hopefully!!! The orientation timetable is a bit confusing I'm after getting 2 different ones, ah well I'll know on the day!

My orientation is on the 14th. When are yours? :P

Same the 14th too!!

Same the 14th too!!

I might see you there so! :P I have my orientation the same day as 2 friends of mine. How about you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement