Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone....

Options
  • 03-09-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

Anyone looking forward to starting the leaving cert year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Nope! But I am looking forward to getting it over and done with!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

Nah defo not! Just want to do the work this time and get it over with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

im repeating the LC and take it from me, dont tackle the year with the "ah i just wanna get it over with" attitude, really work and do the best ya can, you have no idea how important studying is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

brennaldo wrote: »
    im repeating the LC and take it from me, dont tackle the year with the "ah i just wanna get it over with" attitude, really work and do the best ya can, you have no idea how important studying is.
    I actually enjoy studying, I ment looking forward to learning, not getting it over with. Geek is I:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

theowen wrote: »
    I actually enjoy studying, I ment looking forward to learning, not getting it over with. Geek is I:p

come back and say that in june!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

strongr wrote: »
    come back and say that in june!
    I'm repeating now so ye, I sorta can say that now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I did mine last year, its not that bad. I had a tough year by any standards, lots of **** happened, but 6th year was still mroe fun than 1st to 5th year, and Im starting college in a few weeks. fantastic! just knuckle down from now till june and you're all freeeeeeeeeee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

I actually am looking forward to it somewhat. I think I'm moreso looking forward to the package that comes with the LC (Grad, finishing school forever, summer after LC and all that goes with it) rather than actually doing the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Agreed! The hard work part is what I want to get over and done with, but I'm quite looking forward to the year. I hear it's a laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Im repeating and don't care, my sister is in college and loves it but I'm not desperate to get there like so many others. I like the structure of school if I'm honest, wouldn't mind a break from it but after one year of college I reckon I'll want to be back in school.

I just hope my class will be cool. I like to make friends wherever I go.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

I am looking forward to it. Just because maybe after 4 years I can finally do the course in college I want!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

I'm looking forward to getting started, and getting it over with. All my friends are in college and it's far from fun when your not. After taking a year away, I'm certainly ready to start the next chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm not going to go on and on about it again, but 6th year is easily the best year, very good craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm waiting to find out if I got a place to repeat. I can't wait,I'm going slightly insane with the boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Sixth year is an enjoyable year and the teachers actually treat you like adults.

My advice is knuckle down and get the course you want to do, because it will make such a difference when you get into college.

Having completed my first few days in College, I can safely say that it has been the best experience of my life so far. I worked hard during the LC, got the course and college that I wanted and I couldn't be happier.

So make sure you get what you want, do whatever it takes because it is so so worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    So make sure you get what you want, do whatever it takes because it is so so worth it in the end.

Thanks for the encouraging words, hope it actually get through to my head! :)

Advertisement