Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 internet connection problems

Options
  • 03-09-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Okay, I decided to post my own thread on this as none of the solutions in any other thread are working. I used the popular Keep it Carlow video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU) to get NAT type 1 and I was delighted. Then today, my PS3 decided it didn't want to connect to the internet. God only knows why because it was working absolutely perfectly up to around 5 o'clock. I've tried everything to get it working again. DMZ's, ports, disabling media server connections, using different DNS servers, everything. It did work once, but I forget what I did and it was NAT 3 so that wouldn't have been much use anyway.

I'm with eircom, using a Netopia 2247-62 if that helps.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i just got connected online with my xbox 2 days ago and i couldnt connect 2 or 3 times today, but when i did the connection test it just said the NAT settings were strict and that i mitnt be able do cerain things, but it worked then when i signed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

its eircom lads

first port of call whenever you can't sign in is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

you'll find this issue at the top of the pile quite often. the fix is to change your primary and secondary DNS on any device which requires it to :

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

having the same problem...

I played around with the network settings but tbh I have no idea what to do, so think ill leave it till tomorrow and hopefully eircom is "all better" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭toadpenguin

Thanks, everything seems to be working fine now, I'm using PPPoE and the OpenDNS servers and getting NAT 1. Thanks for the help everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

could it been that the PS3 has a dynamic IP so if it changes the setting you made no longer apply? that happened with my 360

• Advertisement
Advertisement