Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's surf together

Options
  • 03-09-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭

I was surprised that there was no thread on planned surfing trips, where could people post their plans. I would appreciate such information, because I am lazy to surf, but if I have the time, I like taking pictures of surfers.

It is just an idea, please, mods, consider keeping this thread here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

was thinking next year to meet my cousin and some friends in either peru or indonesia... something to look forward for february/march, i think

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

On a more local and immediate scale, I'm headed to Sligo on sunday.

2 free seats in the car leaving from Sandyford early.

where's sandyford again ?

i would defo split petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

im livin in strandhill. to many nobbers around here. would be interested in meeting up with some different folk. Would like a few tips on surf photography too eh thonda??

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

Dublin South, I'll be headed via M50 then headed out the M4, can pick you up anywhere within reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Can we hold hands??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

Cecil Mor wrote: »
    Can we hold hands??

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Sunday sounds good, I might not be working.
    Any tips are more than appreciated. I would be doing my usual stuff and trying to find a courage to go into the water with my first and possibly not last underwater camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Cecil Mor wrote: »
    Can we hold hands??

As long as thats all your holding on to cecil.

i'm way out of the way - i'm in athenry/galway - might meet ya there if i head up sunday

• Advertisement

I cannot go tomorrow, maybe for few shots in Dublin area, but I am not certain about any surfing possibility there tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pickled Tranee

wuld love to be albe to surf im just not that good at it :( I can wind surf though XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

im a 22 male looking for female between 20 and 30, just for fun or maybe more, i like surfing and acting the bollocks

oh sorry i must have the wrong thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Greenman408

Hey,
    JKL- how did you get on in Sligo on Sunday?

I was at Streedagh around 1ish and the first half and hour was ok but then the wind picked up. It was damn near impossible to catch anything, despite breaking your arms paddling. The wind would push against the board when ya hoped you were getting somewhere and the wave would pass underneath ya.
    Rare that the offshore is too strong!

Where would be a good place to hear in those conditions? Tullan?

Slán,
    Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Yeah, the offshores are always like the gentle caressing flutterings of a virgin's exhaled breath... but with conditions like you mentioned best to stay away from the North West altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Nice idea OP. I've just moved from Galway to Cork so I'll need to leech gratefully recieve some local knowledge, in exchange for pints/lifts ;)

I'm dying for a surf tomorrow, preferably in Clare. I'm thinking of going to Doughmore for the first time, I've heard it holds a wave even when there's nothing anywhere else. Anyone know if it might be worth the drive tomorrow? Yes, I'm aware that there are strong rips there and I will treat it with extreme caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

cornbb wrote: »
    I'm dying for a surf tomorrow, preferably in Clare. I'm thinking of going to Doughmore for the first time, I've heard it holds a wave even when there's nothing anywhere else. Anyone know if it might be worth the drive tomorrow? Yes, I'm aware that there are strong rips there and I will treat it with extreme caution.

I was there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was working when Lahinch was 1ft. ~3ft clean waves, very nice :D
    Lahinch is 1ft today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I pretty much head down on my own from Limerick these days, but would be willing to split fuel costs with anyone who wanted to carpool and vice versa...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

cornbb wrote: »

Yep strong rips etc... but not as bad as everyone makes out...
    The rip going between Lehinch left and the beach at high tide are way worse.
    I think the "Doug is dangerous" is a ploy by the Lahinch spin docs to keep the surfers up there?? Not a bad thing you might say!!:D

However Wed is looking sexual for Doug. Hope the forecast holds true...

• Advertisement

loctite wrote: »
    Yep strong rips etc... but not as bad as everyone makes out...
    The rip going between Lehinch left and the beach at high tide are way worse.
    I think the "Doug is dangerous" is a ploy by the Lahinch spin docs to keep the surfers up there?? Not a bad thing you might say!!:D

However Wed is looking sexual for Doug. Hope the forecast holds true...

Went for a spin at Doughmoreon Friday, beautiful 3ish foot clean waves. Nice looking spot too. I found the paddle out tough going though, I'm seriously unfit and I found most of the currents were pushing me sideways or back towards the beach. I can imagine how big it must get when there is serious swell there...

anyone from galway going up to enniscrone or keel after 1pm today ?

I am heading in Easky direction on Sunday to take some pictures.
    Is anybody going to be there in the morning? Or shall I go somewhere else to see and shoot some nice surfing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

streedagh will be worth the extra mileage over the weekend. Been there today and yesterday and it was working well. Mid tide tomorow and sunday will be good and should have a few in the water with the weekend warriors making the trip up. I got a few good shots of on thur but cant get cam to turn on now. gutted to say the least!!

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sovietchimp

Hi!
    Looking for surfing buddies for car pooling in Co. Longford that are around my age (16, 17, 18). If you're interested let me know!
    Cheers.

Advertisement