Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wu-Tang solo albums

Options
  • 03-09-2009 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭

What have you got? Have most even the Inspectah Deck stuff. Anyone got the Genius' first album?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

pretty much got them all apart from some of the Ghostface and Raekwon solo albums.

even have some of the affiliate stuff like Killarmy, Wu Syndicate and Killa Preist.

I assume that you are talking about Words From the Genius as GZAs first album....if so, yes i got it, some great songs on it like Pass The Bone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Have Killarmy too. Anyone got U-God's solo stuff? What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I've got a lot of Wu stuff. I know Holocaust/Warcloud back from when i lived in California. He sends me a lot of affiliate stuff and some samplers before final album release. Especially ones that he works on the production with.

Favorite affiliates are Shyeim, Killah Priest, Street Life, Hell Razah, Bronze Nazareth, 9th Prince, Shabazz, Sunz of man, Buddha Monk and LA the darkman. Worth checking out if you like the Wu sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Why, are we meant to have it or something? Didnt get that reading list. The problem with the wu is that they so often underwhelm, solo or group. Other than Gfk, the generally don't always live up to their potential.

method man for example, can be the nicest emcee in the world when he gets on the right track, e.g. New wu, or Yolandas house. His flow is just buttery smooth. But then he spends most of his solo career going for mass appeal, and coming up short.

that said, the word on the street is that ghost, meth and Rae are putting out an album together which i am very excited by. Meth does his best work when Rae and ghost are picking the beats!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've got a lot of Wu stuff. I know Holocaust/Warcloud back from when i lived in California. He sends me a lot of affiliate stuff and some samplers before final album release. Especially ones that he works on the production with.

Favorite affiliates are Shyeim, Killah Priest, Street Life, Hell Razah, Bronze Nazareth, 9th Prince, Shabazz, Sunz of man, Buddha Monk and LA the darkman. Worth checking out if you like the Wu sound.

i like those affiliate too, especially LA and Shabazz. There was another guy that brought out a few 12's called Remedy a few years back. Havent heard anything of him since but they where really good.

I've got U-Gods album called Redemtion, i didnt like it when it first came out but listening to it again recently, it has some quality on it. It's worth checking out.

• Advertisement

floggg wrote: »

method man for example, can be the nicest emcee in the world when he gets on the right track, e.g. New wu, or Yolandas house. His flow is just buttery smooth. But then he spends most of his solo career going for mass appeal, and coming up short.

i know what you're saying, i dont bother with any new method man albums, maybe he peaked too soon with Tical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    i like those affiliate too, especially LA and Shabazz. There was another guy that brought out a few 12's called Remedy a few years back. Havent heard anything of him since but they where really good.

I've got U-Gods album called Redemtion, i didnt like it when it first came out but listening to it again recently, it has some quality on it. It's worth checking out.

The last thing i heard from Remedy was that Code Red album about 5 years ago. I had heard last year that he is working on an album that was to be mixed by Rza and also had something in the works with Killah Priest. Holy of Holies i think. It was referenced in some Priest track. He's not bad but i'm not overly into his content. He's on this pro Israel thing too much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I thought Meth's last album (4:21... The Day After) was actually pretty good. Much better than Tical 0 and all it's awful skits.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Makaveli wrote: »
    I thought Meth's last album (4:21... The Day After) was actually pretty good. Much better than Tical 0 and all it's awful skits.

Ya, 4:21 was alright, I expect so much from Meth though and hate when he comes up short.

(on a side note, I recently started watching The Wire, class show, but it jumped a level after Meth was brought in as dope dilla 'Cheese'!!)

Back on point, RZA as Bobby Digital is an album i constantly go back to!

Any chance that anyone wants to put up a tracklist of the best songs from the solo albums?? I wanna make sure I get all of them to put together a good cd

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, 4:21 was alright, I expect so much from Meth though and hate when he comes up short.

(on a side note, I recently started watching The Wire, class show, but it jumped a level after Meth was brought in as dope dilla 'Cheese'!!)

Back on point, RZA as Bobby Digital is an album i constantly go back to!

Any chance that anyone wants to put up a tracklist of the best songs from the solo albums?? I wanna make sure I get all of them to put together a good cd

really like Meth in The Wire, if you havent finished the all 5 seasons then you are going to really enjoy the rest of it.

Bobby Digital is an awesome album, i always go back to this also. But in regards to making a mixtape, it would be difficult to narrow down a track list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement