Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atmosphere in room

Options
  • 03-09-2009 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

There is an office i have to go regularly and this has been extended. It used to be a former house and was number 4 and is now number 5 as well. The waiting room used to be in number 4 but now is in 5 and since the change i find i cannot stay there, cannot sit or relax. It is like there is an atmosphere' as if some thing bad happened there. is this possible

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have this happen to me as well. A hotel in Arklow does it to me. :)

Bog standard explanation: The air con, fumes from a new carpet, lighting or other physical things are affecting you, and making you uneasy. Infrasound is another thing that can make you feel spooked.

Paranormal explanation: You are sensitive to echoes of whats gone on there, ley lines, or a spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

Bog standard explanation: The air con, fumes from a new carpet, lighting or other physical things are affecting you, and making you uneasy. Infrasound is another thing that can make you feel spooked.
    there is no difference there
    Paranormal explanation: You are sensitive to echoes of whats gone on there, ley lines, or a spirit.
    i wondered about that but i am a sceptic

I used to go out with a girl who couldnt stay in a room with a TV on. It made her Ill. Not only that but she could tell if the TV was on in the last 30 minutes.

She is also very sensative to electricty. It was actually very annoying .

I slight tilt in the floor is something else that can make you feel a bit off. In old buildings sometimes the floors are almost imperceptibly out of true, my dentist used to have a waiting room like that, which felt weird to walk across.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭bubbles747

this has happened to me, i would often walk into a building and id simply have to leave id just get a cold sweat and make my excuses and go! for me its like getting a ring stuck on your finger! the feeling you have to get it off, well ive the feeling i have to get out, i wouldnt mention it to any people i would be with id just go its like a feeling of being watched or closely followed. it dosnt happen me very often. i never really thought too much about it,

• Advertisement

RLJ wrote: »
    i wondered about that but i am a sceptic
    There are interesting ways to look into the paranormal aspect, but not something you can really get into via chat forum. :) Youd need to bring someone else there who reckons they are senstive, and see if they feel similar to you. Obviously they couldnt be told why they are there, to avoid suggestion. But if this is just curiousity on your part, then you can probably deal with or block out the sensation, or do nothing at all. Regardless of the cause of it, if you focus on it, you bring it to the fore, but if you distract yourself, it will lessen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I used to go out with a girl who couldnt stay in a room with a TV on. It made her Ill. Not only that but she could tell if the TV was on in the last 30 minutes.

She is also very sensative to electricty. It was actually very annoying .

High EMF readings can bring on feelings of paranoia ,bieng watched ,nausea etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

High EMF readings can bring on feelings of paranoia ,bieng watched ,nausea etc..
    well i don't feel paranoid or watched, just agitated and cannot stay in room. I did wonder if it might be some wiring for the computer system and also there is a security thing... i think its is a body heat sensor on tye corner of the wall high up

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Could be an ultra low frequency sound. It can cause sickness, balance and discomfort .Could be coming from miles away or nearby and just passses through that spot.

Advertisement