Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crutches in Dublin

Options
  • 03-09-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong board but there are so many of them!

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a pair of crutches in Dublin city centre. I sprained my ankle and have not been able to get my hands on a pair.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There used to be a shop on the north side of Talbot Street (near the rail bridge) which sold medical/nursing aids. I'm not sure if it's still there, nor can I think of its name but it might jog someone's memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There used to be a shop on the north side of Talbot Street (near the rail bridge) which sold medical/nursing aids. I'm not sure if it's still there, nor can I think of its name but it might jog someone's memory.

I know the place, I'll be going for a smoke in a few minutes, I'll take a walk around to Talbot Street and see if the place is still open and try get a name/phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's called Murray's and it's on Talbot Street just after the junction with Gardiner Street beside O'Shea's pub...

It's called Murray's and it's on Talbot Street just after the junction with Gardiner Street beside O'Shea's pub...

....tis, I just had a look. Murray's Medical Equipment

There have a few windows saying what they sell, one of the windows has "Mobility Aids" on it, that could be crutches.

And, the phone number is

01-8555636

http://www.murrays.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pombonator

thanks everyone, I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and hope they can help me.

You've been a great help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

If you live south side I have a pair in my garage you can have for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

www.physioneeds.ie

I've used them before. They do next day delivery within the Dublin area and their prices aren't that bad at all. This is what you're looking for I think?

http://www.physioneeds.biz/ProductDetail.aspx?ref=DM%20121

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there is a pair on top of the flat roof in my office, you just need to climb up on to the roof to get them.

pm me for the details and address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pombonator

Hi everyone, got a pair this morning from murrays. Thanks again for all the help, it's my first time posting here and I've been surprised by the great community.

Pombonator wrote: »
    Hi everyone, got a pair this morning from murrays. Thanks again for all the help, it's my first time posting here and I've been surprised by the great community.

Glad you got them, and glad we could be of help to you :)

Yep, very friendly bunch of people here, stick around for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pombonator wrote: »
    Just wondering what sort of money for a pair?

(Most people get them at A&E or OPD after leaving a deposit to ensure return but I've never heard of anyone buying a pair outright).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Petteri

Hello all.

Might there be someone in South side of Dublin who has a pair of crutches laying about? I would be ready to pay for them and come and pick up today.
    Online delivery was 1-2 days for new crutches and it might be that I would only need them for a day or two so seems like an waste.
    Would need them asap.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

I can't help you out Petteri, but I know Argos definitely had some last time I looked. Weren't too expensive either if I remember correctly.

Great tip! Thanks for the quick reply, they had some on stock at Argos nearby me. Reserved a pair and will get them today.

Thanks a million :)

Hello all.

My ankle has healed and are not using my crutches anymore, so if anyone needs crutches in South of Dublin, near Dun Laoghaire, I have a pair and would be happy to give them for lets say 15€. If one just cant afford to pay anything could give them for free for a good excuse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 8uahg957pc2mev

Petteri wrote: »
    Hello all.

My ankle has healed and are not using my crutches anymore, so if anyone needs crutches in South of Dublin, near Dun Laoghaire, I have a pair and would be happy to give them for lets say 15€. If one just cant afford to pay anything could give them for free for a good excuse :)

Do you still have those crutches Petteri? My mum twisted her ankle last night hence me finding this thread.

Do you still have those crutches Petteri? My mum twisted her ankle last night hence me finding this thread.

I do. You can call me up at <SNIP> in case you still have need for them.

MOD NOTE: Don't post your personal details online please.

Advertisement